“Great Fun for an Old Kid”

Ricochet Ridge Ranch
Campbell, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Fun for an Old Kid”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Boy, I was really spoiled this week riding at the Ricochet Ridge Ranch with Vida! She took me out on the beach with a terrific horse and I had so much fun! It was a birthday surprise from my son and daughter. When I was a kid growing up in the Midwest, I used to ride out in the pastures on my grandparents farm. Later, when I joined the Air Force, I was stationed in Italy at Aviano AFB near the top of the boot. I used to go riding down at the beach off the Adriatic Ocean across the bay from Venice. I thought those days were only memories and long gone forever! I can literally do it all over again and temporarily pretend I'm young once again! Vida has invited me back to the Ridge and to go riding in the forest the next time around. I can't wait!!!! Thank you Vida and Ricochet Ridge Ranch for turning me into a kid all over again!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Marty B

Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Ride horses right on the beach”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

4 of us did the 90 minute horse ride through the redwoods and onto the beach. You actually ride directly on the sand, the horses stop to let the beach waves slightly touch their legs. A very cool experience in a beautiful area. We felt very safe on the horses, and the company provides jockey style helmets that you can chose to wear during your ride. They also give instruction on how to get on and off the horse. They even assist you during this process. A fun time for all and beautiful things to see while you enjoy your leisurely ride.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a great experience!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I rode twice in two days with Meghan on the spectacular beach. I went once with my family and it was so much fun that she and I went out again the next afternoon. I rode horses for eight years growing up, and this was one of the best riding experiences I've had. The horses are healthy, well-trained, and well-cared for, the barn is beautiful, and Meghan is terrific.

Definitely make time to ride here!

1 Thank Kyra A
fort bragg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 young girls on their 1st ever ride.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The girls had a great time,they learned great details about the horses they were ridding and the actual skill of ridding.They were all a bit nervous when outin te hores but their instructor Vida did a great job at telling them all the things they needed to feel comfortable they left the ranch and headed out smiling ear to ear and couldnt imagine but the smiles were even larger when the arrived at the ranch after their ride..We recoend this experiance to anyone who has always wanted to ride you will not trgret it we aswell plan on going again and again.....

1 Thank lena g
Comptche
“Great Fun for Kids”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The people were VERY good with th kids and the horses were absolutly AMAZING.
The best part no need to be an experienced rider.