“Great Staff and Grounds”
Review of Motel 6 Fort Bragg

Motel 6 Fort Bragg
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Grapeland, Texas, United States
“Great Staff and Grounds”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel grounds were impeccable. The flowers and roses were beautiful. The indoor pool was great as well as the hot tub. This is great property here in Fort Bragg, however, the rooms were dated, the beds were not good at all (kings), the carpets were in need of repair. The staff there was awesome--- Kayla at the front desk is a doll and Omie the manager is wonderful. These people are stand outs and deserve to be recognized. This hotel could be great with an update which is coming soon.

Room Tip: The king beds were not good and if you stay to the right of the pool house your will get the bright...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear guest ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with my team. My apologies for the condition of our hotel. We are looking at getting a total remodel of our entire property and are in hope that we can better serve you on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Omie Behrns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The price was right for the time that we stayed there. It is very close to walking distance for shopping. Had refrigerator and micro so that was a nice feature. It was a little noisy since there was a live band playing at the restaurant/bar that was on site. When turning on the hot water in the bathroom sink it barely drizzled out thus not hot water there but the shower did. For a Motel 6 it was pleasantly clean. In a pinch I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Fort Bragg.
You have my apologies in regards to the music from the bar and the condtion of your room.
We at motel 6 stive for great service and a clean comfortable afforable room and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for bringing the maintenance issues to my attention so I may have them fixed. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was really cold the night we stayed in Fort Bragg the room was huge and the bed really comfy. Bathroom was great with all my essentials tissues/hairdryer and space on the vanity. It did smell a little funky at first but once we opened the window it freshened up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cuddlefi5h
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your reveiw. My apologies for the odor of your room at check in. We do
try to keep all our rooms smelling fresh. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the room otherwise and am in hopes to see you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wasn't expecting much because it was a Motel 6 but we were pleasantly surprised. Very nice clean rooms. Didn't smell stale or smoky. Pool and spa were just a nice and clean. The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly, Trent is GREAT! Nice place to stay on a budget. You won't be disappointed. Close walking distance to everything in town. Great restaurant shares the grounds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Coby S
Thank you so much for your great reveiw! It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback in regards to my staff. Trent is one of my best. I will share your comments with the team. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Sincerely
Sheridan
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was the cleanest Motel 6 I have stayed in in a long time. Everything we needed was delivered promptly, by very a friendly staff. Restaurant and bar on site were great. Would diffinately stay there agaiin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 645charlenen
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a reveiw. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback in regards to my team and the service you received . I will share your comments with the team. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Overall, my experience here was great! The room was really clean and the beds were quite comfortable. Omie and her staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I was by myself and a little nervous about sleeping in a hotel, but the employees made me feel comfortable and safe. I highly suggest this hotel for anyone traveling through or visiting Fort Bragg!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Sarah A
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit to Fort Bragg. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us . It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback . I will share your comments with the team!!. We look forward too seeing you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Davis, CA
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We headed to Fort Bragg for a quick spur-of-the-moment weekend, and decided to do ti on the cheap. We drove across the country last year, so I felt that I was familiar with what inexpensive motels offered. Despite that, this location was incredibly disappointing. There was no free wi-fi or complimentary breakfast (which has become fairly standard at this point) but that was hardly the worst aspect of this stay.

I don't know it for a fact, but it seemed liked this was a popular hotel for workers in the area to stay in long-term. There was lots of coming-and-going, and groups of men hanging out in the parking lot. The room next to us routinely had the door propped open with the security lock, and we heard people coming and going well into the night. Again, I do not know what was going on, but it certainly seemed like someone could have been selling something out of that room.

In addition, the walls are extremely thin. We could hear entire conversations (and more) from our neighbors.

It's technically within walking distance of downtown, but it's an ugly walk. If you'd rather not use your car while you are in town, pay a little bit more to be closer to either the town or the shore.

All in all, I won't be staying at this location in Fort Bragg again. There are better properties for the money.

(note: tripadvisor shows that 1-star means 'terrible'. I'm not sure I would say this stay was terrible, but it was significantly worse than the stays that I have rated 2-stars, so I had to make it 1-star)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
I am sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations for a hotel. We do try to please all our guests. Motel 6 unfortunatly does not offer breakfast we do however offer free coffee in our lobby. We also DO offer free wi fi. I am so sorry if you were unable to connect at the time of your visit. I am in hopes that you would have considered this to have been an isolated incident and conside staying with us agin on your next visit toFort Bragg. Please feel free to contact me personally so I may ensure you have a pleasant stay.
Sincerely