Ebb Tide Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$66
Super 8 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$85
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
US$234
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$142
Ocean View Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$209
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$143
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$176
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
US$181
US$165
Travelocity
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$112
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The photo above is obviously old because it doesn't really reflect the room we stayed in.

We decided to stay in Fort Bragg after a long day of driving. A lot of the places looked crowded so we opted for this little motel along the main strip. My husband booked us in but was a little reticent about it after he noticed a clause at the bottom of the check-in form that allows management to throw you out for whatever reason whenever they like. Yikes. He also said the man at the front desk was rude and actually looked like a homeless person. There were a couple of other people milling around the place that had the same look about them.

The room itself wasn't too bad. Obviously they have been doing some work to the place. There was a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, a fairly new-looking microwave, the sheets were in very good condition, although not ironed, and they were clean. The bathroom was also very clean. The only complaint I had was that the wastebasket in the main part of the room had not been emptied (someone's banana peel was still in there) and I did find a bandaid on the floor. Oh yes, and someone had left their water bottle on the bathroom sink. My husband handed this in to the front desk as we were leaving and I think the person behind the desk thought he was giving him a gift. lol

The bed was pretty hard but okay. Noise from the road and other rooms was minimal. The water pressure in the shower was okay too. As for the continental breakfast......my husband went to get coffee in the morning. He said there were apples in a basket that were mushy and looked like they had been there for a while. There were little banana muffins and some kind of packaged danish. There was no coffee. When my husband asked if more could be made, the clerk said he was off duty and it would have to wait for the guy about to start his shift. Okkkkaaaay. I guess "service" isn't a big thing at this motel.

They also advertise in their motel book in the room that they have a spa. They do, but it wasn't available for guest use.

Would we stay here again? In a nutshell - no.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DesertKoala
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ebb Tide Lodge during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and putting forth your straight observations and appreciating the good things.

We have attended all your points suggested for improvement and also overall amenities.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

If you just need a place to crash for the night, this will do. It has adequate beds, small yet clean bath, and even wireless internet. The service was adequate (even brought us extra pillows and blankets). The continental breakfast consist of celephane wrapped danish cut in half, some weak coffee with powder creamer, and some fruit. The price is right (about $80), so if you need a place to pull over this will work.

Room Tip: Away from the road is best bet.
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Checked the bed sheets and blankets. I was told no one had stayed the previous night. Blanket was dirty as was the mattress cover with someone else's hairs on it and it was stained! Didn't have another king size mattress cover. Did without. Never ever stay here again. The good hotels were booked. Lesson learned-book in advance.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ebb Tide Lodge for your last visit to our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated.

Hotel upkeep staffs have ensured that all amenities are perfect and functional.

Special actions have been taken to check the bed linen and cleanliness.

We invite you once again to stay with us and experience a new hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family and I stayed there this past weekend (July 27 thru 29). We had the "family suite"; as our party consisted of me, my husband, my son, his wife and two children - ages two years old and three months old. I was a little worried after booking the room - based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and other "comment" locations. While it wasn't the quality of a high end Marriott or Holiday Inn - the room was average and what I expected for the price. FYI - Room #1 had a queen bed, the bathroom, a chair, small counter, and nice size television; as well as Direct TV. Room #2 (through an adjoining door) had two queen beds, a dresser, table and two chairs, mini-fridge, microwave and a nice flat screen television (with Direct TV). Following are my comments about the rooms - the beds were fine...the sheets were clean...the pillows were fluffy...the bedspread doesn't count (as I always fold it back and don't use it). The bathroom was a little small (actually really small) and didn't have a bath tub (which would have been nice for the kids)..the towels were clean...the floors were clean...there were sample size soap and shampoo...three rolls of toilet paper...the water pressure in the shower was FABULOUS!!! Also - I asked for extra towels and the housekeeper brought them to the room in less than five minutes. The bathroom window looked out onto the "motel backyard" where they are growing tomatoes. The morning snack was good - orange juice and coffee...bananas...blueberry muffins and glazed sweet rolls (albeit cut in half). However, they were fresh and tasty. Available at any Sams Club or Costco. Again...basic, simple, quick Continental Breakfast. And one of the nicest things about the place - we had our fishing boat "in tow" and they allowed us to park it and our truck using up extra stalls in the parking lot - versus having to leave it at the Harbor or out on the street (they get BONUS points for allowing this). The few not so great things about the room = couldn't tell if the carpets were clean as they were a patterned dark blue color - but, really, who lays on the floor??? One bedside lamp didn't work; as there was no electric socket near - but, really, do you need a light when you go to bed??? The "smoking and non-smoking" rooms were next to eachother; so you did get some second hand smoke...but...really if it bothers you that much - just close the window! All in all - we had a great time in Ft. Bragg - the guys went fishing...the gals and kids went sightseeing. So - bottom line - a fair and honest review about one of a hundred places to stay (most of them being WAY more expensive than the EbbTide). My only other suggestion - bring a can of Febreeze to "freshen" up the room when you arrive. BTW - I do this even when I stay at a high-end Hotel...good smells make me happy! :-D

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed here once before when we arrived we were surprised to see the same person at the desk.We were amazed at the upgrades flat screen tv ,new carpet and beds and direct tv.The office was clean the breakfast has been changed.We asked if we could bbq at the picnic table and were delighted.The desk clerk was very knoweldgable. We will definitely be returning.