“A beautiful stay!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
Waltham, Massachusetts
“A beautiful stay!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This gorgeous inn was a pleasant surprise! We stayed here several nights to explore this part of the California coast. We went to the ocean and we went to walk among giant redwoods. We visited the local arboretum and drove to Mendocino. Our room at the Atrium was spacious, bright and comfortable. (A really good bed by the way.) The breakfasts were incredible. I like that they ask you what you want. It's surprising how many BnB's still do not. One morning we had hot cereal and fresh breads, another fresh eggs, turkey sausage, banana bread (I think I remember that correctly!) Everything was delicious and fresh.
We had several good dinners out. And we liked the laid back feel of Ft. Bragg. It's a great town to stay in if you want to see Mendocino and other popular places in the area and especially when you have a place like the Atrium to stay in. We definitely would recommend this to friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This place is amazing value. The rooms are tasteful. I get so tired of the lace-doily-on-every-surface B&B's. In The Atrium you can relax in your room without having to squint your eyes at the decor. The atrium is cute NOT cutesy.

The breakfasts were really amazing. This was not Costco muffins or re-heated, coagulated eggs. These people can cook! It was as good as a fancy restaurant. (Turns out one of the owners is a trained chef. No surprise.)

We went around the shops in Fort Bragg (best shoe store ever.) They do a nice Christmas parade. Very charming. We did a day in Mendocino and a day horseback riding in and around the beach. The B&B is close to everything. If this place were in Mendocino you would pay 3x as much...but not get 3x the value.

We would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stevie K
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Atrium Bed and Breakfast. It's location is convenient to the sea glass beach. The owners went above and beyond to provide information and advice about attractions and dining in Ft. Bragg. The breakfast provided was as good as any we've had at a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank frankb582
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I contacted the Atrium in advance because I was going to be coming in late as part of my California road trip. We arranged a late check-in, and everything was just as it had been described. A key had been provided as well as instructions for how to get everywhere I needed to go once I had arrived. The room itself (Buttercup) was one of the most comfortable I had slept in on my trip, and I loved the Victorian style of the house. The garden was really cute, and if it had been warmer, having tea out there would have been lovely. The breakfast was great, and there were papers and maps out that I could read while I ate. I found the maps particularly helpful since I wanted to visit Glass Beach and the Mendocino Botanical Gardens – both places I recommend which were close to the location. The only issue I had was that I couldn’t get the hot water to come to my room for the shower, but I was promptly helped, and it was all sorted. Thanks for the wonderful stay! I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Washington Boro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Sherry and I enjoyed our recent stay at The Atrium in Ft. Bragg. It was convenient to the Botanical Garden in Mendocino, our primary reason for being there, and close to town for dinner and ice cream. Mary and Chris were helpful not only about Ft. Bragg and Mendocino, but about San Francisco where we were headed later in the trip. The breakfast was great, with a good time range for eating it. The beds were comfortable and we had access to other rooms, books, newspapers, and the occasional snack left out for returning guests. We stayed two nights, then came back later in the trip for a third night.

Room Tip: We stayed there two different times over our trip and both rooms were great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was my first trip on the Northern California coast, so I booked this B&B online, just based on previous reviews. We were not disappointed at all! VERY friendly welcome! Room is very comfortable, and we really enjoyed our stay here. Would recommend. Parking is easy. Hosts are helpful and attentive! We would stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Nest", a room with a bird theme. The garden outside was welcoming and c...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed three nights in the Garden Room which has a private shower room over the corridor. Very comfortable bed, and a little seating area. Lots of breakfast! The owner is extremely warm and welcoming, making you feel that nothing is too much trouble. Fort Bragg itself is a very convenient town for visiting the pacific coastline, try the Russian Gulch Park, Mendocino Botanical Gardens and Mendocino coastline generally, all lovely, several places to eat in easy walking distance, try Barbelow with the Mendo Bistro upstairs, and North Coast Brewing Tap Room, both had good beer and food.

Room Tip: We were able to see a few other rooms, all of them looked lovely, Garden Room is spacious and comfor...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple