“Watch the stairs”

Ranked #6 of 12 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Watch the stairs”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The price was a little expensive. The egg frittata breakfast was nice. The cat was not friendly. The stairs were steep and I twisted my ankle when I slipped on a stair. Be careful. The walls are thin. The bed was too soft.

It is close to some nice restaurants.

B&Bs I guess are not for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike-Kanata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I wish I could give this place a higher overall review as it was "cute" enough but when you are trying to sleep, it doesn't matter how charming the exterior is or how lovely the garden is. We had the "buttercup" room, which (I peeked into several of the other rooms) appears to be the budget room. The double bed was lumpy and so soft I was rolling into my husband all night, which would have been okay except that it was hot and stuffy with no air-conditioning or even a fan. I imagine it doesn't usually get too hot in the area, but I could not sleep due to the heat. The window which only opened part way didn't do much to help. Basically I felt like I was sleeping in my gramma's tiny, hot attic.

On the other hand, the breakfast was lovely with a nice variety of food and the hostess (owner?) was helpful. Just wish I could say better things about the room itself. I gather from other reviews that the higher priced rooms are of better quality.

Room Tip: Do not choose the buttercup room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet R
Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a charming little place and although it is right on Rt. 1 it was quiet and peaceful. We were very pleasantly surprised by a gentle and comfortably social dog!! The owner was very pleasant and helpful, with insights into the town and the building. All in all a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Atrium is a very nice comfortable and excellent buffet style breakfast. The frittata had a lot of vegetables and they had a fruit salad as well as potatoes and a variety of breads, whole grain, and some pastries, coffee, tea, juice. Cookies and tea in the afternoon and wonderful hosts. Gail and Mary are very knowledgeable, about the restaurants and very gracious hosts. My son and I enjoyed our stay in the garden room. Next time my husband and I will stay when he can get the week off. My ratings is an excellent for our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter but our room was on the corner of the side street, so I didn't hea...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We thought we were getting a bargain since everything else in the area was so pricey. What you're really paying for is the location - easy access to beaches and sights.

The Oasis Room was nicely appointed (as all the rooms seem to be). It was comfortable and clean, but there was definitely a musty smell and the corners of the windows are offputtingly black. (Dirt? Mold?)

We had e-mailed our dietary preferences ahead of time and the host either didn't read it or forgot about it, which wouldn't have been a huge deal (there were enough other things to eat) except for the fact that she admonished us for not telling her before. Then she got into a tizzy about us coming in through the back (from the parking lot) instead of going around the block to the official door. Maybe she felt anxious about us not being the same skin color as her, or maybe she treats everyone the same way. All I know is, I felt slightly comfortable here and that's enough to prevent me coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ysman
Caribbean
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we very much enjoyed our visit. the rooms were very nice, comfortable, great beds, and an excellent breakfast. The Atrium was totally worth the money. all of the hosts were great and helpful with everything.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple