Surf Motel and Gardens
US$64
Good 3.5/5
Super 8 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$82
Very Good 4/5
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$113
Very Good 4/5
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$133
Very Good 4/5
Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$112
Very Good 4/5
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$176
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$132
Great 4.5/5
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
Very Good 4/5
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$112
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Ocean View Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$167
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsdog rungardens are beautifulharvest marketroom was cleangarden areacontinental breakfastfish cleaning stationdog parkskunk traingreat place to stayfire pitwould stay here againpicnic tablesfresh fruitfridge and microwavedesk clerkking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Surf and Gardens Motel of 6-5 to 6-8.The room was clean and the staff
was very friendly.This is our 4th stay and it was a good experience for all including our pet.
In the future we will be back. John & Joelle and Annie

Room Tip: If you have a pet be sure to ask if there rooms on the back side as it is close to the dog run and lots of grass.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The manager was very friendly and let me take a look at the room before booking. I chose not to stay because the beds were really uncomfortable. Unfortunately, as I left, my bike (on a roof rack) didn't clear the awning. It appears that the clearance is of different heights on the entrance and the exit and it lacks signage saying so. When I went in to tell the manager of the problem, he said thanks for letting him know. I told him no, you don't understand, I've ruined my bike rack and possibly damaged a custom-built bike. He came out, looked at it, tried to push the rack back on and then said he didn't know what to do and when inside, leaving me there swearing at the rack, the situation and the day. I was unable to repair the rack and finally removed it and shoved my bike in my backseat. When I went inside to ask him if he could at least let me wash my grease-covered hands somewhere, he told me I could use the faucet outside. I told him I'd need hot water and soap and he said there was nothing he could do. I ended up going to the McDonald's next door. I'll be getting my bike and rack repaired tomorrow and sending him the bill. I do hope he takes my advice and puts a clearance warning sign on the awning so others realize that they may be able to safely enter under it, but can't exit without causing damage.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Travel G
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It was very pleasant to appreciate the gardens. Just beautiful. Workers were very helpful and friendly. I didn't take advantage of all the amenities on the grounds like the picnic/barbeque area and the fish cleaning area. I am also interested in looking into the units with a kitchen. I definitely would stay here again. A very relaxing environment and very handy shopping center next door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was my first visit to this motel but when I return to Fort Bragg I will stay here again. The rooms were comfortable and quite affordable and the service very friendly and helpful. I was here at in the month of May and the gardens were spectacular! The grounds are large, with every imaginable kind of flower blooming. Noyo Harbor, The Skunk Train and a beautiful botanical garden are nearby and it is also just a short drive into Mendocino.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and have a view of the gardens.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Francoise245
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I booked two rooms so family and I could attend a wedding. The rooms were clean and seemingly newly appointed, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the gardens were breathtaking. There is a dog run, and a place to clean fish and rinse wetsuits. Best of all, even thought it was opening weekend of abalone season, the prices were very reasonable.

-- Susan Fernbach

Room Tip: There don't seem to be any bad rooms. The ones on the main horseshoe face inward to beautiful planting a, and the ones in the annex face gardens, and are closer to the dog run and fish-cleaning area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan F
surfmotelandgardens, front desk at Surf Motel and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Great to here that your stay with us was a great experience.we are a very accommodating staff. We thank you for your stay and hope to see you back soon.