“Great place to stay!!”
Review of Beach House Inn

Beach House Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 6 October 2006

This was a great hotel to stay at in fort bragg. It is a great location, as it is just at the end of town so it quiet but still a very quick drive or walk to town. The balcony was a wonderful place to sit and relax while overlooking the beautiful estuary. I definitley reccomend the rooms with the in room hot tub. The price was great too, especially for how big and comfortable the room was.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank algaegirl

Reviewed 1 September 2006

I called the Beach House Inn on the morning of Aug. 31, 2006 to book a room for four nights in late Oct. and the guy on the other end told me he would check. I guess he thought he put me on hold, but he didn't. I heard him answer several other calls that came in on another phone and then one that was from what must have been a friend of his. I sat there for several minutes listening to him talk about things and say "bummer" over and over. Finally he came back and said that he was sorry, but there had been several calls. I said 'yeah, and one was a personal call', then I hung up. Then about 7:30 that evening I had a chance to call back to speak to the manager or the owner. Guess who I got; right, the same guy. After I told him that I was the one who had called this morning and I had to wait while he talked. He said, "you had to wait for about a minute, so what's the problem". I said, "no, for several minutes'. Then he said to me " where you drunk and are you still drinking". I said, " is this the way you treat a customer" and then I quoted back to him some of the thinks I heard him say over the phone. At that, he hung up on me! So, if you want to be treated badly call this motel or even worse stay there!

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank Really_Ticked
onepony, Manager at Beach House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2006

Dear review writer,

Some of what you say in your review is true but here is how I remember it:

You called like you said to check on making a reservation. As I was speaking to you my other phone rang, I asked you to hold and put down the phone (It's an auxiliary hand set with no hold function). I answered the callers question (approx. 20 seconds) and picked up the phone apologizing for putting you on hold. My other phone rang again and once again I asked you to hold and picked it up. It was a friend of mine who quickly told me her dog had died. I said "what a bummer" and told her that I would call her back (approx 40 seconds). I picked up the phone with you on it and once again apologized for the inconvenience. You said something to the effect of "well I guess personal calls are more important than your business" and you hung up! Later that night I answered the phone and it was you. You asked for the manager I said "I'm he how may I help you" and you said I was the same guy who rudely put you on hold for "several" minutes this morning for personal calls and started lecturing me. I remembered you, asked If you were drinking and hung up the phone.

So in conclusion you called to make a reservation were put on hold for 1 minute causing you to hang up and called to complain later. Then you write a vindictive review about my hotel telling people not to stay here and lowering my properties rating status even though you have never been here.
You even seemed upset I used the word "bummer" (allot of people use that word -its not a cuss word). I can only say I am sorry that you will not be staying at the Beach House Inn as I am sure you would have enjoyed your stay.

Charles Brandenburg
the Beach House Inn
Fort Bragg, CA

Reviewed 26 July 2006

I have stayed here at least three times in the last two years or so. I like going to fort bragg to cool off from the inland summer temperatures. Once we just walked in and got a room but by the end of the day the place was full. I like the balcony but in the summer the smell from the garbage dump bothers my husband. It must be nearby. No one ever mentioned this. The rooms are noisy when some one else is next door. We usually go during the week when it is less crowded than on weekends. Fort Bragg is a funky town past its heyday but good for a day of shop browsing. The Headlands always has live music and good food. The beach isn't that bad and the cemetery is interesting. The soaking tubs in the beach house are nice too. something different. I would recommend it as most of the places in Fort Bragg particularly on South Main are stinky and have no view. I agee about the continental breakfast. In fact, I think they dropped that last time I was there. If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs as motels are always noisy. I plan on going back in Aug. 06. to see if anything has changed.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cobbgirl
Reviewed 29 April 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Beach House Inn on a very busy weekend in Fort Bragg. Minus tide conditions enticed abalone divers from far and wide to visit Fort Bragg and beautiful sunny skies were an added bonus! Charles, the innkeeper, gave us a great room with a nice view of the Pudding Creek Estuary for a very affordable rate! The hotel parking lot was completely full of other hotel guests, yet unlike other tripadvisor reviewers I never heard their activities. The king size bed was comfortable and the room was nicely equipped with a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge. Our room had a very large soaking tub in the bedroom area. I enjoyed a relaxing soak in the tub sipping wine and watching a movie while my husband reclined in the bed beside me. The room was spotlessly clean. My husband opened the patio door at night so he could listen to the frogs in the estuary. Charles recommended a terrific restaurant in town called Sharons by the sea, their seafood was excellent. Charles also had good advice on other activities in the Fort Bragg/Mendocino area. We had a great weekend and will definitely return to the Beach House Inn!

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank portia b
A TripAdvisor Member
Modesto, CA
Reviewed 2 March 2006

For valentines day my husband took me to fort bragg for the first time. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Our hotel was the nicest place we've ever stayed and half the price of places we stayed in the bay area that were not as nice. We wanted a jaccuzi but they only had a soaking tub which was right next to the bed and turned out to be better than a jaccuzi because it was so quite and relaxing I was able to soak while my husband was sleeping. We were right accross the street from a beautiful beach and we were alone on it at sunset. We loved this place!

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 30 December 2005

My wife and I were travelling up the coast and as typical, waited until the last minute to find a place to stay. This Inn was nearly the only one available in Fort Bragg that night and virtually everywhere else within 30-50 miles, but the Inn was still nearly empty itself. The place was nice. The lodging is basically a conglomeration of condominiums that have been split into 4 or 5 quite large "rooms" each. They were very large, but by the kindness of the Innkeeper and probably because they were empty, we were able to get into one of the "deluxe" rooms which included a HUGE whirlpool tub that we made full use of. The reviewer who mentioned the noise was right on -- 100% (versus %100) correct. There is no soundproofing between rooms, whatsoever. We apologize to whoever came in to the room next to us and below us in the middle of the night. We definitely heard them enter and move around and as I said above, we made full use of that MASSIVE tub (in the middle of the bedroom), so they surely heard us as well.
There is no view of the beach to speak of. The estuary which is featured in many pictures on this site is nice and cozy and pretty to look at, but it's basically a lagoon/wetland rather than what most folks think of as a beach. A short hike to the actual ocean, to be sure, but still a bit misleading.
The innkeeper was very nice and gave suggestions for places to have dinner. We found breakfast on our own at a local diner (which was very good) because as another reviewer noted, the continental breakfast included was not quite ready at 8am and was very sparse.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2005

Stayed at this motel on the recommendation of the reviews on this website. Check-in was fine - we stayed for two nights. The first night, we were practically the only party there. The room was clean. It was plainly decorated and was ok. Went to get the continental breakfast at 8 a.m. and it was not entirely set-up. We got a small pre-packaged fruit pastry. We went to Denny's and had a nice breakfast. The next night was not pleasant - we had a downstairs room and we could hear every footstep of the little kids above us. At 5:30 a.m. these folks decided to take their showers and the water noise was significant coming down the pipes. I have to say, I'm a light sleeper - my husband wasn't bothered by this. The beds were firm - not as comfortable as I would hope.

All-in-all, a clean, somewhat comfortable motel room. The views of the estuary are nice. Saw lots of nice birds. It is very close to town and in a convenient location. I just wish it hadn't been so noisy!

• Stayed: December 2005