“Came for one and stayed for four nights!”

Best Western Vista Manor Lodge
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Centreville, Virginia
“Came for one and stayed for four nights!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I think this is an underrated value. Yes the hotel is a bit old, but the caretaking was excellent. Our room was always clean and well attended. We had a junior suite which featured a nice view of the ocean, living room with fireplace, and bedroom with a queen bed. Other people seem to complain about the breakfast. I have no idea what they expected but it was definitely adequate. Anything you wanted that they were running out of, someone got you. The gardens around it were also nice - and we saw three roosters! Nights were very quiet - I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Our entire stay the temperature was in the 60s so I did not have the desire to go in the pool. But it was large and is indoors. They had a little lending library and we read two books that were on the shelf. You could spend spend $100 a night more to stay across the street in a much smaller room at a beachfront place. Don't see the point of that!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mary Kay D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Chico, California, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room had a dresser that needed to have shims place under the front of it so that the drawers would remain closed instead of opened by two inches. The bed was not as firm as it could be. The TV was excellent. The only real problem is they have no air conditioners! The temperature in town 80 degrees and the room was extremely hot. I had to put on swimming trunks and lay on the bed owning to the heat. We opened the windows but it didn't really help all that much. The windows are in need of repair. Because the windows were opened all night it made it difficult to sleep owing to the road noise. It was a difficult two night stay. Upon checking out I mentioned it to the clerk that it would be nice to have a vertical floor fan in the room. She said that they had fans available. Previously, we have stayed there in the winter without any problem.

Room Tip: The noise came from road noise because we had to leave the windows ope,
California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Best Western is always a safe, comfortable brand to depend on. We were satisfied with our choice, although there were several things we would have changed for ourselves. Our bottom floor room did not allow for opening of a window to ventilate the room. I would have asked for a second story if I had known. There is an easy walking path to the beach, which we found on our own. It would have been nice to have had the office staff inform us of it upon check-in. The views are great and the beach is just a short walk away. So overall, those scenic pluses made up for any or our minor complaints.

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Traveling up the 101, easy to find and great view from our room. If you have your windows open for air, be sure to go to the front desk and get a fan to help with the road noise. Beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. Close to the beach and short drive to eat and explore.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Fort Bragg, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed during the 4th of July weekend. Hotel was ok. Shower kept turning cold though and the breakfast was not so good. Not enough choices of foods to eat. The waffle maker is nice though. We have stayed here many times and usually we were happy with everything. Not sure what the problem was this time, unless it was just because it was a full house.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Tracy G
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked 3 rooms thru Best westerns call in service while on a road trip. I picked this hotel because I have stayed there the last couple of years. I called in at 9pm on July 2nd from out of state and asked to reserve rooms for tomorrow night. I did not have the chance to check my email until later the next day and did not find out about the mix up until I tried to check in on the 3rd. The manager told me the reservation was set and she could not change it, and billed my card for $400. She got me rooms for the night and offered to give me $125 credit, I told her this was unacceptable to me and since the hotel was not sold out July 2nd or 3rd I would not be paying for the phone operators confusion. She billed my card anyway. I am in the process of getting the charges removed from my card thru cutover care at best western and or my bank.
While the hotel is a decent place to stay the manager chose to lose the $4-500 a year my friends and I annually spend there. There are many other Nice hotels to stay at in the area for the same price range.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CollinWoolsey
Escondido, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Upon arrival at 9:45 p.m., the check in took about two minutes. I was given room 225, which has an outside balcony to sit and relax with a partial ocean view. Be careful when you go into your room and then back to your car to unload your belongings. Make sure that you completely shut your room door or flies and other bugs will enter the room, especially at night. The room was clean with two queen beds. It was a quiet night with traffic noise starting around 7:00 a.m. from the nearby highway. The shower in the morning had hot water and the spray from the showerhead was very soothing. There is no gym or complimentary national newspaper at this property. Breakfast is served until 10:00 a.m., and consists of hard boiled eggs, waffles, breads, packaged oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, and juices. All the staff I spoke with were polite and friendly. The grounds consist of six acres were you can rest and unwind. The check out only took about a minute. I had a pleasant stay at the Best Western Vista Manor Lodge.

2 Thank MrLorin