“Loved It so much!!!”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Antelope, California
“Loved It so much!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Hi! I had decided to plan a trip to Fort Bragg with my parents and brother. Now, let me tell you something. Any one who says this place is bad! Needs to look again because let me tell you I had so much fun at the pool with my family I decided this is the only place for us! The staff was funny and nice. But most of all... They have really good muffins that I would die for! Hope my review was helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom level. Easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Eskimobunny
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thanks for the nice review of the Seabird! Glad you enjoyed the indoor heated pool. Very popular with our guests! The muffins are a hit with everyone--glad you enjoyed them, as well. Hope to see you on your next visit to the Spectacular Mendocino Coast!!! There is no need to spend big bucks for lodging--stay at the Seabird!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in Jan 2013 for two nights with my family. The rooms are ok, kind of old fashioned but clean. People are very friendly. Not a great experience after all, but good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thanks for writing a review of the Seabird Lodge. And thanks for acknowledging the super job our housekeeping staff does. They are all great! Our fresh baked muffins are a hit wth guests--this morning we had chocolate/chocolate chip, orange cranberry and blueberry. For a solid value on the Mendocino Coast stay at the Seabird Lodge! Our upstairs west facing rooms have distant ocean views at no additional cost. They are on a "first come first serve" basis. Request when booking. 800-345-0022
North Bend, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

We are traveling up the coast and needed a pet friendly hotel for the night. The woman at the desk, Karen, could not have been nicer. She was very welcoming to me and the dogs. The room itself was clean and basic, which is all that we required. There are muffins for breakfast. I highly recommend this motel.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leslierw
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Thank You! Thank You! I always like it when reviewers recognize our staff. The staff at the Seabird is indeed great--housekeeping, maintenance and desk staff. We have the friendliest staff at any inn on the Mendocino Coast!! Since I am the muffin man, let me tell you what kinds of muffins I made today: One of the favorites--Chocolate/chocolate chip. I also made Orange/cranberry. Another top favorite is blueberry -- but the Lemon poppyseed and Raspberry/white chocolate chip muffins are also near the top of the list. On occasion I make corn muffins with cheddar cheese and green onions-- a little different, but popular never the less. Next time you visit the coast please stay at the Seabird-- the place with the friendliest folks and friendly room rates, too.
Glasgow, Scotland.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here one night whilst travelling down the west coast in the summer. Rooms very "retro" and had a scent a bit like an old folks home but lady at desk very friendly, free internet and nice touches at simple breakfast like selection of homemade muffins. If you don't mind the style then it;s a nice place although a little out of town, plenty of parking along main street though.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Glad the reviewer had a nice trip down the coast. He seems, however, to have the Seabird and another inn scrambled together. We are in town, have plenty of parking, are not on Main Street, are not "retro"--but do have the friendliest staff and serve the best muffins around. We hope this reviewer and everyone else stays at the Seabird when visiting the Spectacular Mendocino Coast. See you soon!!!!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

The 2 ladies at the front desk were excellent/friendly/super great. We stayed for 2 nights (my daughter & I) and the price was great and the hotel/room clean. They have a pool and spa which is inside. They don't have a full breakfast but what they do have it good -- homemade muffins & yogurt, juice, coffee and hot chocolate. The ladies there gave us day trip ideas and recommended a great restaurant in the area for dinner. Would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: upstairs hwy 1 side to look out at the beach area
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kkhobb
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
I wholeheartedly agree! Our staff at the Seabird is excellent !!! Thanks for taking time to post a review. We appreeciate it very much. Hope to see you on a future trip to the Spectacular Mendocino Coast. Spread the word that our rates are fair --A good Value.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

We are on a road trip with our 2 dogs. We are not fussy about where we stay. We want it clean, quiet and priced reasonably. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room decor is dated but everything was very clean and nothing was broken or missing. The breakfast was continental with delicious home-made muffins, yogurt, OJ, coffee etc. The coffee was not very good. The pet fee of $10/room was very reasonable, a big plus for me. I definitely would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patandjon
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Thanks for posting a review of the Seabird. I enjoy making the muffins for our guests. This morning we are serving Chocolate/Chocolate Chip, Bran/Zucchini, Lemon Poppyseed, and the all time favorite Blueberry. Pets are welcome here--in selected rooms. We'll even take a photo of the pet with its master to add to our pet board. One of our most unusual pet/guests was a Eurasian Eagle Owl--Even though his visit was a few years ago we have kept the photo on our pet board. On your next visit be sure to check out the photos. As an additional note please know that our very dedicated housekeeping staff does an extra thorough cleaning of each room that had a pet. We charge the $10 pet fee to cover the cost of the added time houskeeping spends to clean these rooms. And thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff. We have the best!!! Hope to see you again soon.
Redhill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I booked this on other reviews and was not disappointed, good size room and comfy bed. Nice choice of continental breakfast with coffee and tea. A little out of town where the best restaurnts are but not a problem. Only stayed one night with my wife but would certainly return again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thanks for the nice review! Glad you had a nice stay. Yes, the Seabird is a great value! Why pay Mendocino prices when you can stay here? Spend your saved money on a great dinner at one of the coast's many restaurants. See you on your next trip to this beautiful part of the world.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Bragg
Ocean View Lodge
Ocean View Lodge
#5 of 23 in Fort Bragg
Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites

Been to Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn? Share your experiences!