“Affordable, clean & comfortable”

Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. We had stayed here about 4 years ago. Both times we just had short stays, but found it to be affordable, comfortable and clean.
We had our first two nights in relative quiet. We were on the 2nd floor & the floor was a bit squeaky in certain areas when you walked or stood on them. The other minor issue was lack of water pressure in the shower, but I find this to be true in most hotels I've stayed in. Although it was cool outside, it was rather warm & stuffy inside, so we opened our window. Unfortunately they had a lock on the track, which only allowed us to open it approx. 3 inches wide. That was enough to let some fresh air in, but I felt it could have been allowed to open a little further to be more comfortable. There was a directory in the room that gave us some great info on local places to enjoy & restaurants to try.
The third night other guests started arriving for the Holiday weekend. We found that we could hear the water pipes very loudly through the walls when neighbors took showers. Unfortunately our neighbors also decided to stay out on the balcony to chat, which disturbed our TV watching, as they drowned out the TV's sound with their excessive volume. This wasn't the hotel's fault, but I did notice in the hotel directory that they were only on duty until 10 p.m., so if we were going to make a complaint, we'd have to do it before that time. Luckily the noisy neighbors piped down without us having to take action.
All-in-all it was a good stay. We did not use the pool or other facilities, so I can't rate them, but I would definitely stay here again. It was centrally located to the places we wanted to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room unless you want to listen to a herd of elephants whenever someone walks abo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Welcome back! Glad you had a nice stay at the Seabird. Our great housekeepers work very hard keeping our guest rooms clean. Thanks for posting a review. Hope to see you again soon when visiting our beautiful part of the world.

There are newer reviews for Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn

Reviewed 15 May 2013

My wife and I were traveling and decided to try this out. First of all the price was right, second the hostess was very kind and listened to all of my requests. She directed us to a delicious restaurant. The room we stayed in was very roomie clean even had a small back porch. Great for a dog. Muffins in the morning were awesome. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Seabird. Glad that we provided a great lodging experience that you can recomend to all. Our staff is absolutely the best!! Thanks for mentioning the friendly helpful service. I enjoy making the muffins for our guests. Just got some great blueberries--will be making blueberry and bran/zucchini muffins today. Hope to see you on your next trip to our beautiful part of the world! Happy Travels!!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed on April 26th-28th. We rented 2 rooms. The rooms smelled strong of cleaner and urine. My room #106 had a large urine spot on the floor. Dryed toilet paper that was once wet stuck to the sides of the wall. The bathroom wall was bubbled and falling apart. The beds were so old and uncomfortable. My other room #107 had ants in the bathroom. When we called the front desk. The woman said she had spray and would meet me out the back door to give it to me to use. I said, "you aren't going to use it?" She said, "no, I don't know how." So I said nevermind about even complaining about anything else to her besides the ants. We decided to go to the pool. This pool area has not been cleaned in forever. There are green sludge spots all over the cement and even around the inside of the pool. The hot tub was so gross. They didn't even wipe it down. There was a brown ring around the inside of the hot tub. I will never stay here again.

2  Thank Krystel P
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Wow! Sorry you had an unpleasant stay in Fort Bragg. We always like to know early on if there is something wrong with a guest room. It gives us a chance to correct the problem or to offer a different room to the guest. When we are slammed after the fact there is nothing we can do but offer our sincere apology. Please know that we take all reviews seriously and we learn from them - the bad ones as well as the good ones.

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Nice clean place conveniently located near Noyo Harbor right off Highway One. older motel refinished. Very pet friendly here! Second floor rooms get a small view of the ocean and some have balconies. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thanks for posting a review of your stay at the Seabird. We are conveniently located to everything on the Mendocino Coast. No need to spend top dollar for a room in Mendocino. Fort Bragg is just 8 miles north. Our upstairs/west facing rooms have a distant ocean view. No extra charge--request when booking at 800 345 0022. Indoor heated pool. Hot tub. Each room features a fridge and microwave. Fresh baked muffins in the morning. Stay at the Seabird and save!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The indoor pool has always been my favorite! Winter, Fall, rain or shine, it's always slightly heated & in business. The breakfast is cool too. There is a little bit for everyone. I love yogurt and was amazed at the assortment of yogurt flavors. The chairs in my room were noteworthy! Really comfy! Most places don't have that. The amenities are above average, with each room having coffee-maker, regular & decaf coffees, with teas too. Refrigerator, hair dryer, iron board, tissue paper, WiFi... etc... etc... It's located just North of the Noyo Harbor bridge, so it's in the center of everything; with the Main-street businesses located just North.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BrandonK410
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Your glowing remarks are appreciated very much. Our indoor pool and hot tub are big hits with our guests. The Seabird Lodge is close to everything on the Mendocino Coast. Why stay anywhere else? Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

This hotel has a little for everyone. It is located near the beach for the kids. It has a great heated pool. The hot tub is very relaxing. The staff is friendly and the hotel is pet friendly. For breakfast they have delicious homemade muffins. It is located near some outstanding restaurants. It has everything you need and great rates too. I would recommend the Seabird to everyone! Every time I need a hotel and I am near Fort Bragg, the Seabird Lodge is the first on my list.

Room Tip: Accidentally clicked restaurant. They don't have one, but there are many great ones close by.
1  Thank Angela S
seabirdlodge, Owner at Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thanks for the great review! Happy repeat guests--that is what we strive for! So glad the Seabird is your first choice on the Mendocino Coast. Thank you! Thank you! See you on your next trip.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Great value for a family. Located in Fort Bragg and across the street from the beach, this motel is a good value for a family, seniors and people with pets i.e. Fido not Fluffy.

Front desk lady is nice with charm. She assisted myself and an elderly gentleman with pet dogs who was staying for one week. Senior discount is $65.00 a night with a small fee for pets. I paid $83.00 including tax. This included two queen size beds with a small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker in room, 10% discount at local chocolate store and fantastic continental breakfast of homemade muffins in six varieties individually wrapped, portable orange juice, yoplait yogart and delicious coffee with individual creamers and a small tray to bring items to our room.

There was a small balcony with sitting area and a little table to relax outside.

What an indoor pool. The kids swam and swam in the pool and relax in the hot tub which is the size of a small child's pool. By the time we had dinner, the kids were ready to fall sound asleep on their comfortable beds.

Round table within walking distance. And I never heard any of the dogs staying at the motel.

1  Thank momonholiday

Thanks for taking time to post a review of the Seabird! I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I agree with you our front desk staff--in fact our entire staff--is great!!! Glad you enjoyed the muffins--I like making them for our GREAT GUESTS!!! Hope to see you again soon.