“Well Above Average!”

Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 5 September 2008

From the moment I booked our room package, we received nothing but exceptional service! This value priced motor lodge was everthing we expected and more. Sparkling clean room and carpeting, heated indoor pool and large hot tub. We requested an ocean view, and got one, balcony too. Perhaps the negative comments are from folks who expect the Ritz, at a discounted rate. We will stay at the Seabird again!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2008

Unfortunately room availability in town was slim when we decided to to make reservations for July 4 in May. This was the only remaining choice online and after we arrived I realized why. It was disappointing to pull up and see that it was the typical 40 year old prior motel 6 type place. There is nothing worse than walking into your room when you arrive to the overpowering smell of disinfectant. Nothing exceptional about the room decor either. Plane Jane in fair condition. I guess what really upset us though was the fact that they started draining the hot tub to clean it at 9:30 on July 4th when the sign said it was open until 10. Guess they wanted to make sure they got to bed early and to heck with the fact that July 4 is the big tourist money maker for the town. We definatelty will never go back to this motel! Do not recommend staying here. Even if nothing else is available.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank daleharley
Reviewed 27 May 2008

I stayed at the Sea Bird Lodge on a Saturday night during Memorial Day weekend, as a last minute decision. I got one of the only rooms left, and paid about $120 for the night, including tax. I was given an upstairs room (214) that was close to the stairs above the lobby, and had a nice view of the ocean. The room was clean, comfortable, had a nice mini-fridge and microwave, and was fairly quiet considering it faced hwy 1 (about a block away). The next morning I called the front desk at about 10 AM to ask for a late check-out and was granted until noon to be out of the room. I liked that the motel is pet friendly, and will probably stay here again in the future. There is a nice little cafe right next door that is fair priced and serves good choices for breakfast and lunch. It is also close to the fisherman's wharf near the Noyo harbor where there are good restaraunts for dinner!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank firedog13814
Reviewed 20 July 2007

Have stayed at the Seabird Lodge on previous occasions, I was NOT pleased with this stay. At $150/nt one should be able to expect a microwave oven and a hairdryer. When I made the reservation and spoke to Jesse, he quoted me a price of $150.00 per night. I told him we needed a "pet" room and he never once quoted me an additional charge for our dog. I should have disputed the charge, but, honestly, I just wanted to get out of there. I don't think it is legal to quote a price and then up the charge when guests arrive. That may require a little research on my part.

Additionally, we had a rude guest who was talking loudly outside on a cellphone at 3:15 in the morning and the final straw was when we walked down the stairs to leave, there was a used condom at the bottom of those stairs. This might be acceptable/ expected in some places, but not at a motel we paid ubstantially for. These concerns were addressed with the governing body of the motel on 7/10 who stated that motel management would be in contact regarding these concerns over a week ago and to date (7/20) have not had the courtesy of a response from them. Will not be staying there again even if the only motel with an opening in Ft. Bragg

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FtBragg1Fan
Reviewed 11 July 2007

We stopped at the Seabird Lodge on our long road trip up 1/101 from the Bay Area of California.
The room was a good value for the going rates in the area.
Our 2-bed room for 3 adults was clean and comfortable.
After all the driving, it was very nice to have the indoor heated pool and spa to relax and get some exercise.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it is pet-friendly. Or at least, the three little chihuahuas that ran into my exterior room were friendly and cute (embarrassed poor owner, amused us as dog-lovers) and I met a lovely dauschund in the morning. The Mendocino / Ft Bragg area is beautiful and I recommend visiting and would stay at the Seabird Lodge again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2007

I stayed there on March 10th, 2007 with my 2 kids, around 9pm we went to turn down aor beds and found blood spots on the pillow case then checked the other bed to find blood spote there too. I called the front desk to let them know, the manager said I dont have anyone to change the shets, I said we are not going to sleep in them she replied what do you want me to do, I said what ever you have to do to make it right, she got very rude, I called her on it, then she got worse and said you can change rooms at that point I did not want to stay there, I told her to have my refund ready, when I got to the front desk it was ready she did not apoligize. I left then called a few minutes latter to get her name she said I blew it out of portion that there was only few spots and that I was over reacting. I told to her to have the owner call me, but I havent heared from them yet.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank tytytytyt
Reviewed 18 September 2006

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. The room isn't anything fancy and is a little outdated but a great price. Our room had a nice view of the ocean and was really clean. The room was actually pretty big in size with a love seat, table & chairs and king size bed.

We used one of their packages that had 2 breakfasts ($14 dollars off each day) and 1 dinner ($34 dollars off) that really helped and made it more affordable. For breakfast we went to Homestyle which was right across the parking lot and it was really good and we also went to the one by the skunk train depot which was also really good. For dinner we dinned at Silvers at the Wharf and it was really nice. They also gave us some truffles from the Mendacino Chocolate factory...Yummy!

Overall a great place for the value and wonderful customer service. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mom2my3angels