“If last motel room in Ft. Bragg, would not stay here again!”

Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 20 July 2007

Have stayed at the Seabird Lodge on previous occasions, I was NOT pleased with this stay. At $150/nt one should be able to expect a microwave oven and a hairdryer. When I made the reservation and spoke to Jesse, he quoted me a price of $150.00 per night. I told him we needed a "pet" room and he never once quoted me an additional charge for our dog. I should have disputed the charge, but, honestly, I just wanted to get out of there. I don't think it is legal to quote a price and then up the charge when guests arrive. That may require a little research on my part.

Additionally, we had a rude guest who was talking loudly outside on a cellphone at 3:15 in the morning and the final straw was when we walked down the stairs to leave, there was a used condom at the bottom of those stairs. This might be acceptable/ expected in some places, but not at a motel we paid ubstantially for. These concerns were addressed with the governing body of the motel on 7/10 who stated that motel management would be in contact regarding these concerns over a week ago and to date (7/20) have not had the courtesy of a response from them. Will not be staying there again even if the only motel with an opening in Ft. Bragg

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FtBragg1Fan

Reviewed 11 July 2007

We stopped at the Seabird Lodge on our long road trip up 1/101 from the Bay Area of California.
The room was a good value for the going rates in the area.
Our 2-bed room for 3 adults was clean and comfortable.
After all the driving, it was very nice to have the indoor heated pool and spa to relax and get some exercise.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it is pet-friendly. Or at least, the three little chihuahuas that ran into my exterior room were friendly and cute (embarrassed poor owner, amused us as dog-lovers) and I met a lovely dauschund in the morning. The Mendocino / Ft Bragg area is beautiful and I recommend visiting and would stay at the Seabird Lodge again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2007

I stayed there on March 10th, 2007 with my 2 kids, around 9pm we went to turn down aor beds and found blood spots on the pillow case then checked the other bed to find blood spote there too. I called the front desk to let them know, the manager said I dont have anyone to change the shets, I said we are not going to sleep in them she replied what do you want me to do, I said what ever you have to do to make it right, she got very rude, I called her on it, then she got worse and said you can change rooms at that point I did not want to stay there, I told her to have my refund ready, when I got to the front desk it was ready she did not apoligize. I left then called a few minutes latter to get her name she said I blew it out of portion that there was only few spots and that I was over reacting. I told to her to have the owner call me, but I havent heared from them yet.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank tytytytyt
Reviewed 18 September 2006

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. The room isn't anything fancy and is a little outdated but a great price. Our room had a nice view of the ocean and was really clean. The room was actually pretty big in size with a love seat, table & chairs and king size bed.

We used one of their packages that had 2 breakfasts ($14 dollars off each day) and 1 dinner ($34 dollars off) that really helped and made it more affordable. For breakfast we went to Homestyle which was right across the parking lot and it was really good and we also went to the one by the skunk train depot which was also really good. For dinner we dinned at Silvers at the Wharf and it was really nice. They also gave us some truffles from the Mendacino Chocolate factory...Yummy!

Overall a great place for the value and wonderful customer service. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mom2my3angels
Reviewed 18 September 2006

The hotel itself isn't fancy. It's clean and comfortable. Nice pool, plenty of places to walk your dog/pet. What makes it above average is the dog friendly environment and the friendly staff. Very warm & accommadating. The office area is cozy.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank patalak
Reviewed 9 September 2006

Stayed here over a weekend with spouse on a package that included vouchers for 2 breakfasts ($14 for each breakfast for two) and 1 dinner ($34 for one dinner for two). Friendly front desk staff, clean large room that included a sofa and a king bed. Our balcony overlooked roof of indoor pool, so not worth sitting out there. Pool was warm and empty. Forgot our bathing suits but got 2 for a total of $35 in a souvenir shop in Mendocino.

On the package: definitely cut down our costs, but we had to add money of our own for each meal. Ate at Homestyle Cafe (in front of hotel)- good breakfast, the diner-type place for breakfast in the Skunk Train Depot- also good, and Silver's on the Wharf- expensive, but great views and seafood.

About that hum/air blowing noise some are experiencing in the rooms. I heard it while lying awake, froze in fear, and tried to figure it out. I am a scientist and after investigation have found it to be....... the mini-fridge! It makes the (quiet) noise while cycling on and off- not a big deal once you know what it is.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yosenut
Reviewed 8 September 2006

This motel is nothing fancy or new but it was a real comfortable accomodation at a fair price. The room was extremely clean. The management was very friendly and seemed like they really wanted to please. The motel was only two or three blocks away from the river and fisherman's wharf area. Overall, we has a very nice time here.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family