“Saved us from smoke!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fortuna
Reviewed 27 June 2007

Came here after Best Western screwed up my reservations in Eureka, CA. Kept going down the road and found this little gem in a cluster with four other places. Great find right next to a cool brewery and a Denny's, what more do you need? Room was large and spacious, and to my suprise, the pullout bed was even fairly comfortable. Great workout facility and for only a little more $80 a night, a great value. Thanks for saving me!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
David C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Dear Granded,

Thank you for taking time to write a review! We appreciate all guest feedback, as it allows us to know what we are doing well and what we need to consider changing. We do take time to read every review and have incorporated many suggestions into our recent remodel - Granted, it's been 10 years since you wrote your review - But we are under new ownership and management now, and we are going through to correct many of the oversights made by the previous administration.

We hope that you come see us here soon, as we want to prove to you that we are serious about guest service!

Reviewed 24 May 2007

Had a great stay. I dont think I could find anything wrong with this place. Clean-Quite-Staff polite. An overall great stay. Would stay again.Cant beat it for the price.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank teachersaide

Dear Teachersaide,

Reviewed 21 October 2006

Loved it. Clean, pleasant room. Quiet. Good pool. Good breakfast. Great service. The only minor issue was that the bathroom door was squeaky, but the staff oiled it within minutes of us telling them. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear SFO Advisor,

Thank you for taking time to write a review! We appreciate all guest feedback, as it allows us to know what we are doing well and what we need to consider changing. We do take time to read every review and have incorporated many suggestions into our recent remodel - Granted, it's been 11 years since you wrote your review - But we are under new ownership and management now, and we are going through to correct many of the oversights made by the previous administration.

Reviewed 30 August 2006

I'll start off with the bad first - the view and the parking lot. Thats it. Our stay in Fortuna was just one night as were traveling back home. We found the service to be excellent. And the room, well ... it was huge! At first glance it appeared that the room was sparse with its furnishings however when we gave it a second look we realized just how big the room really was. And clean too! It smelled clean..the furniture appeared to be pretty new and contemporary. The king size bed was king size. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank she_travelson

Dear Travelson,

Reviewed 3 July 2006

We stayed here for two nights in May when attending graduation at Humbolt University. The rooms were very spacious and clean, the staff very helpful. Breakfast was typical for motels. We would definately stay here again.

Dear Lang,

A TripAdvisor Member
Redwood City, CA
Reviewed 2 June 2006

The one king size bedroom is spacious and very clean with no bad smells. They only offered me one extra pillow (their pillows are so small and flat.) My phone in my room did not work. My heater and air conditioner would sometimes not work. The breakfast that they offer for free in the morning is horrible. All I saw was a pot of coffee and a dry piece of bread. There were no croissants or muffins or bagels. There is no sound proofing between the walls. This is my biggest complaint. I can hear people talking in the room next to me. One night I thought I heard banging like a hammer against the wall of my headboard and I had just fallen asleep. My whole wall was shaking and it was very loud. I put my ear to the wall and could hear very detailed the people next door were having sex. It was so horrible-I got dressed and was ready to leave at 12am because I was so upset that when I went to the front desk to complain, the girl just laughed and didn't offer any compensation. The parking lot is too small. Just make sure you get a room that is nowhere near the pool or ice machine because it will be really noisy.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

We do offer croissants now, along with many other other delicious new offerings - We have certainly improved our breakfast scores!

Reviewed 2 June 2006

As my wife and I were heading on vacation for the mid-Oregon Coast from San Francisco, we stopped at Fortuna's Comfort Inn for one mid-week evening. I can't say that we were expecting a lot--Fortuna is not, after all, neighboring Eureka to the north--but we were pleasantly surprised. Though our room was relatively sparse in its furnishings, it was large and quite accommodating. Though the motel sits outside of Fortuna proper, it is surrounded by several easy to walk to restaurants, one of which was a very popular brewpub. The staff was very pleasant and almost "chatty" and if waffles were the only hot item on the breakfast menu, the overall meal was filling and enjoyable. It was obvious, at least when we were there, that the Comfort Inn attracts a significant number of business travellers, many of whom seemed to have returned again and again. It is easy to see why.

Dear Paul,

Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fortuna
Best Western Country Inn
Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn
Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eureka
Town House Motel - Historic Old Town
Red Lion Hotel Eureka
Red Lion Hotel Eureka
#5 of 21 in Eureka

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country? Share your experiences!