“Unexpectedly Awesome”

Sushi Boat
Ranked #21 of 37 Restaurants in Fortuna
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have eaten in many buffets over the years. I was very pleasantly surprised to find excellent fresh seafood, sushi and Chinese food. Very reasonably priced with excellent service. I never expected to find such a great restaurant in the small town of Fortuna California. The quality of the food is fantastic, the restaurant is spotless. Try this restaurant you will be happy you did.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped here for lunch while I was in Humboldt County seeing the giant redwood trees. I was quite hungry and saw this restaurant which seemed to be a good option. Very nice selection of the usual Asian dishes and then the Sushi boats floating by with some excellent choices and super fresh. Nice service, great food and pretty Chinese waitresses. I'll remember this place and be sure to stop here again when I'm in the North of California.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Great selection of high-quality sushi. If you are a sushi lover then this is just the restaurant for you! The next time I'm in the Fortuna area I will definitely visit Sushi Boat again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were looking forward to revisiting this restaurant after a very good dining experience there in July 2012, but it is no longer the expansive buffet we found last year. Other than sushi, the buffet is lacking in variety and now quite small. Many of the offerings are fried and in the similar brown sauces we have come to associate with less than authentic Asian cuisine. We cook a lot of Asian inspired dishes at home, and are quite familiar with the variety of sauces and flavors that are a hallmark of Asia. The floating sushi boat concept is cute, but rather unworkable, and the sushi is neither fresh nor tasty. We would not return to this restaurant again under the present new management.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Unusually good sushi. Much better than normal oriental buffets. 120 selections. The boring egg fu young was MUCH better than normal. Everything was fresh and delicious.