“Love this hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Foster City
Metro Manila
“Love this hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I've been staying in Crowne Plaza every year for my yearly business trip in the US for 3 weeks. The hotel has all the basic things you need - free internet/wifi, pool, gym area, laundry machine and a shuttle that goes to the airport and Hillsdale. The hotel also has a Starbucks which is a big comfort for me. Location is nice since it's only a 5-minute walk to Target and lots of restaurants like Armadillo, BJs, Mimi's Cafe, El Torrito, Chipotle, Starbucks and some other restaurants just around the block. Customer service is great and people are generally accomodating. The place is almost always fully packed, probably since it is close to the SFO airport (around 30-mins by car). There's also a club on the 1st floor if you want to party at night :)

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the main building since it is more accessible.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kristine V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Shuttle system stinks (only runs on the hour), drivers weren't very friendly, except for Mr. Sun. On Saturday, 6-16-12, after having questions regarding alternate transportation, we were told that there wasn't a manager in the hotel that we could talk to, imagine our surprise when we walked up to the desk ( at midnight) and there was a manager by the name of Daniel working. He was very helpful and gave us four breakfast vouchers after paying over $40 to get a taxi from the Millbrae BART station. Sherry was very helpful in trying to give us tips on how to save on transportion to San Francisco, but she was off duty when we had our problems on Saturday night. Waiters in the restaurant were very friendly. If you're going to visit the city, this hotel is too far out and it's too expensive for transportation. Hotel staff isn't very helpful when trying to find cheaper, alternative ways of transportation. If you want to stay late in the city forget it. If you're not back at the airport by 10 PM, count on getting a taxi. If you,have an early flight (before 6AM) or you're taking a "red eye" flight, forget about using the hotel shuttle, they only run from 6AM to 10PM. Hotel room was nice, biggest issue with this hotel is the shuttle service, it's staff and some of the staff behind the front desk.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tracerick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear tracerick,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations when it comes to our shuttle service and some of our staff. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen Gray
Case Manager
IHGCare
Copperopolis, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We went to the Crown Plaza to go dancing at the club. It serve our purpose great! We enjoyed the food, drinks and dancing. We did hear the music in our room as some people mentioned. We specifically asked to be place in this area, since we planned to dance. If you don't, ask to be put into the other tower. I don't think you can hear the music from there. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a great nap after an early dinner and before heading out to dance. I also fell fast asleep at around 12:30 am, even though I could still hear the music in the bar. It was not a problem for me at all. We enjoyed our stay and plan to visit again soon. Oh, and the check-in staff was very professional and friendly. Good job all around.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful hotel. Working with the staff for a great event was a wonderful experience. Rooms, food, front desk staff and accommendations were Class A. Best of all is when your group is more than satisfied and comments how wonderful their stay was... Everyone at the Crowne Plaza Foster City is not only professional but genuinely friendly and I would recommend this hotel with flying colors. A great stay for all of us.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel after a missed connection on American Airlines, who provided us an overnight room with breakfast at Crowne Plaza Foster City. Since we arrived past midnight, there was no hotel shuttle service so we had to take a taxi from SFO airport for $35. Check-in at the hotel was quick and we were in our room within minutes. Room was well appointed and we slept well.

We had a breakfast voucher provided by AA, so we decided to eat at the restaurant on the first floor by the lobby. Servers were very attentive and polite. We did not realize that the 'custom omelette station' was not part of the Continental Breakfast ($10) order, but our server (sorry, we did not get his name) was very understanding and took that extra $6 charge off our ticket without any fuss.

We took the free shuttle from the hotel to SFO airport at 11am as scheduled, and the driver was very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floors away from the bars might be a better choice if trying to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I've been to quite a few hotels in my life and everytime I get checked in staff is courteous, but in this hotel, that was quite a joke.

First of all I stood at the front desk and no one recognized me because they were huddled on one computer, figured they were busy doing something. Finally one of the ladies looks up and says she'll help me on another terminal. She never once apologized for my waiting, but then again how would she know I was standing there if they weren't looking up? Then throughout the process of checking in, she didn't talk to me just asked for my credit card and ID and then handed me the keys and mumbled something about internet, figured the girl was unfriendly so I didn't ask to repeat. As I grab my things I walk towards some ballrooms and realize I have no idea where my room is, as I am walking back I see them once again huddled over one computer. As I get closer, I see they are on facebook..I ask where the elevators are and they just say, "right over there." So I turn around and I hear her snicker something to the other girl, if it was about me then she had some guts to do so.

The lobby was nice, rooms were decent.

I decided to go to the bar after a long day. As I am passing the front desk I hear the same girl who checked me in curse and say the N word. That's such an offense word! I am surprised a company so big would hire such an awful staff. She didn't even care that there were pepole in the lobby. I mean wow. I am surprised management would hire such a rude, unfriendly, inconsiderate person.

Never ever will I stay here again. NEVER!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank DeeeeeeeThomas
CrownePlazaFC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear DeeeeeeeThomas,
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to ensure you that we take your comments very seriously. I sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your recent stay. We strive to provide a welcoming & hospitable environment for all our guests. We know you have many hotels to choose from and appreciate your business.
Assistant General Manager
Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo

Travellers are raving about these Foster City hotels

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I should start by saying that I visit the Crowne Plaza in Foster City quite often for business so the chances of having a bad experience are increased.

More times than not I have had to switch rooms at least once due to noise, cleanliness, & room temperature. On the plus side, the hotel staff are very accommodating and willing.

Noise: I've found that the rooms that do not face the atrium have a lot of road noise. Also, try to avoid any connecting rooms as you can hear nearly EVERYTHING.

Cleanliness: this is not always an issue but I like to keep an eye out.

Temperature: I read on another review that they had an issue with the temperature gauge and have noticed this to be quite common as of recent.

Overall, the hotel really needs to be updated.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not have an outward facing window and avoid connected rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
BEST WESTERN Coyote Point Inn
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO

Been to Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo? Share your experiences!