My husband is on a business trip, We checked in last 4-10April. We were told that we will be on a newly renovated room, 2371 to be exact. But the room is smelly (paint smell) We immediately called at front desk to request for room change. The guy who answered our call from front desk is not very happy with our request and told us that the hotel is full and the smell is not bad to our health because they use organic paint (is there really an organic paint?) and furthermore, he told us that he paint his whole house and he did not get sick by the smell of the paint. He never give us any alternative on our situation and no apologies for the inconvenience caused.
After 30mins we called again at front desk this time we asked for duty manager and informed her about the rudeness of her staff. She did apologized and told us that the smell is not paint because they did not use paint. She said probably it is the glue smell that they used to put the wall paper (which is also bad for anyone's health, specially if we will stay in the same room for 6 nights) but she offered us a room change on the same building but on the 5th floor. When my husband and I checked the room it has the same foul smell. So we made another call to duty manager, she informed us that the hotel is fully booked and compromised with us that she will leave a message for the next shift to help us transfer room the next day.
The next day we never received any call until 5:00pm. Good thing we bumped into one of Catering Sales staff name Kasha and she asked us how is our stay. We informed her about our situation and she helped us to transfer room on that night to a different building.
Staff at front desk need to be trained how to communicate with the guest specially if it is a complaint in a more well mannered way. We are paying guest it is not a Free of Charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotel in Foster City is centrally located on the San Francisco Peninsula between Downtown San Francisco, San Jose, and the East Bay. Our property is just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport and 22 miles from downtown San Francisco. Our unique building design has a beautiful atrium lobby filled with koi ponds, waterfalls, and palm trees that will provide a relaxing setting on your next visit. Some of our features include:* Complimentary Internet access in all guest rooms, lobby, all restaurants, and pool area* Three different varieties of restaurants, room service, and a sports bar* Complimentary SFO airport shuttle* Complimentary parking* Complimentary shuttle leaving at 10:30am daily to The Hillsdale Shopping Mall* Conveniently located next to The BridgePointe Shopping center* 24 hour business center with complimentary use of three computers and a printer* Relax in our indoor heated pool jacuzzi* Use of Fitness center* Executive Club Level rooms include Dell XP desktop computers with DVD drive, flat screen monitors and Continental Breakfast, Monday-Friday.* 16,000 Square feet of flexible meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula