“Perfect Business Trip Location”

Courtyard San Mateo Foster City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Foster City
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here on a business trip because this hotel was close to the offices I was going to. Rooms are huge and very clean. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. The hotel is next to a Starbucks and one or two other quick food places. However, if you want a variety of food choices, you will need to drive. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear redsamp11:
Our entire team would like to thank you for your input on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that we met and or exceeded your expectation during your stay. We are looking forward to serve you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Mateo Foster City

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just what I needed. Pleasant and courteous staff. Although, breakfast was not included as in the Courtyard Marriott in Roseville, CA, I would stay here in the Courtyard Marriott Foster City again. Great customer service and individual attention. The gym was just perfect, elliptical jogging machine and bicycle.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ecre A:
Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. The hotel does offer certain packages with breakfast which are advertised thru the Marriott.com and 3rd party channels as well. I will pass on your great comments to our team and they will be very happy to hear regarding your experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I always like to get a Starbucks coffee in the morning on my road-trip. This hotel is next to Starbucks. So it is convenient for me and it is just off the highway. I got this hotel because I tried to find a hotel outside SF that is reasonable price. Nothing to remember. It has all the Marriott quality- clean and good looking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear anne b:
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. The hotel also makes Starbucks drinks 24/7, all of our team members are trained to make your favorite drink anytime of the day. Next time please try ours and let us know how we did.
We appreciate your input and looking forward to see you in the near future.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I recently stayed at this location with my boyfriend as we were visiting friends then doing a day trip to Sonoma. Decent location, easy to access from the freeway and close to fast food and sit down restaurants.

The Good: Rooms seemed clean and fresh. Was relatively quiet all weekend. Wi-fi was free.

The Bad: Water pressure was a little low for my tastes. Bed was very VERY soft and not very comfortable for sleeping. They didn't even have a hairdryer!

The Ugly: Housekeeping comes ungodly early in the morning. My boyfriend and I are both relatively sound sleepers, it was a little awkward waking up around 8:30 a.m. (having forgotten to put the Do Not Disturb sign out, we know, our bad) and having the housekeeper backing out of the room apologizing.

I'd probably stay here again, the price was good and the neighborhood seemed safe.

Room Tip: Our room was towards the far end of the hotel, away from the front desk. Seemed quiet back there an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear dalluver:
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. Our engineering team is looking into the water pressure to ensure it is within the spec. The rooms do have hair dryers and they are located inside the closet. Our housekeeping team is going to inspect all the rooms to make sure they all carry one. Your feedback regarding our housekeepers entering the room early in the morning has been discussed with our team, unfortunately, due to tight schedule and turn-around of the room we really encourage our valued guests to put the "privacy" sing on the door so that way the housekeepers can attend on another room that is already checked out. Front desk will discuss the privacy sign with our guest at time of check in to avoid the issue that you encountered.
Once again, thank you for time and looking to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We have stayed at this Courtyard a couple of times now when visiting family in Foster City. It is close to residential neighborhoods, but also close to shopping areas with restaurants in Foster City as well as the Hillsdale Mall in San Mateo. The hotel is one level and on the small side, but the lobby area is very pleasant, updated, and they have an eating area and small bar. The only complaint is that the restaurant is minimally staffed and they move very slowly.

The rooms are standard Courtyard quality. Overall I liked it for the small residential hotel that it is. I will definitely stay there again for future trips.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Calartist:
Thank you for your input on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your constructive feedback about our hotel. I spoke with our restaurant lead member about your comments and we will try to work with our team and come up with best practices on how to move the line at a faster pace. Once again, thank you and have a great summer.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Here are the positives. This hotel is easy to access and parking is ample. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful overall, especially at the desk and for dining. Rooms are large, were clean, and I loved having a sliding glass door that we could open for fresh air. The courtyard was lovely and the landscaping outside of rooms was very pretty; with the door open, we could just see flowers and trees and enjoy the breeze. We had breakfast included with our room so were able to use the small cafeteria on the first floor. The lady staffing it was just lovely and the meals were fast and certainly fine for a light breakfast. So why the three star review?

Mainly because of what is probably more of a Marriott corporate choice than anything the folks who run the place are responsible for. This hotel lacks any meaningful separation between rooms in terms of soundproofing. It is NOISY!! I have never stayed in a hotel in which I could hear occupants in the surrounding rooms walking (much less anything else). Now it's possible we had uniquely loud, stomping, slamming clueless and heartless people all around us, but I doubt it. What was clear was that there wasn't a big barrier between walls and especially floors.

Adding to the loud factor - we stayed several days including Friday and Saturday evenings - was just a consistent stream of drunken, loud people running around the hallways. The staff really needs to put the kibosh on this. When my husband - who sleeps through anything - complains that it was loud, it was LOUD.

Also, the room's amenities were really bare bones. I like half and half creamers - not the dried out stuff. Hotels that give me dried out "milk" really bug me. It's a low end "touch" that rankles. There were also minimal glasses and cups and no shampoo the first day. These are the areas where hotels cut corners to save a dime or two but really diminish the experience. I'd encourage Marriott to reconsider this type of decision.

Overall, the staff was nice and professional, it's easy to get in/out, park, have wi-fi, and the rooms are large. On the negative side it's LOUD and the amenities are really bare-bones at this level. I'd most definitely avoid this hotel on a weekend; at least during the week the business type travelers were a bit quieter, at least after a certain hour. I'd encourage Marriott to improve some of the amenities and consider steps to insulate between rooms in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the pool; get a top floor room to avoid having to listen to those above you; ge...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard San Mateo Foster City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear KCBurgh:
On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. I am sorry about the experience of noise at our hotel. This concern of yours will be passed on to our project management team. During the summer months, we do cater for large families that are here to enjoy the summer. Sometimes, that may contribute to the noise factor. The hotel does provide at check in a "Guest Consideration Letter" which explains about the quite time in the hotel and that no parties are allowed. This will be strictly followed at the property level. The amenities have been upgraded and more quality base items have been added. For example, we are providing Paul Mitchel brand of shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The partnership with Paul Mitchell brand has been received very well. We will look at our instant coffee making process in the room to see how we can improve, the hotel lobby provides Starbucks Coffee 24 hours a day and we provide fresh creamers with half and half, non-fat and 2% fat selections at all times. Our entire Front Desk team is trained on making you a fresh cup of Starbucks drink at any time.
Once again, thank you for your time and hope to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here after a week trip to Yosemite before flying home. It was a nice hotel. Nice pool and hot tub. Convenient for flying out of the San Francisco Airport as it is about 10 miles and only took about 15 minutes (early Saturday departure) to get to the airport. No charge for parking either. We needed more towels than what was provided and they accommodated us very quickly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear nomorcamping:
Thank you for posting your response on TripAdvisor. I hope your camping trip to Yosemite was a great one. I consider Yosemite one of the top 10 wonders of the world. I am very happy that we provided a comfortable hotel and with quick responses to your requests. Have a great summer and come and visit us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Foster City
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Pullman San Francisco Bay
Pullman San Francisco Bay
#1 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Courtyard San Mateo Foster City? Share your experiences!