“Delicious healthy food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fortune Cookies
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fortune Cookies is Orange County's premiere Chinese restaurant as its reputation for delicious, low-fat, heart healthy, portion controlled entrees continues to thrill, excite, and satisfy. We have taken to improve the standards of our philosophy and quality of our food. for a full listing please visit our website.
Huntington Beach, California
“Delicious healthy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The food here is delicious, low-fat, and healthy. They use only 100% white meat chicken breast, vegetable oil that is highest in healthy fats while being trans-fat free, no MSG, and reduced sodium, and gluten-free. They have health-specific entrées for those managing high blood sugar, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. The menu includes Chinese and sushi/sashimi. We love the Honey Glazed Walnut Shrimp. The shrimp is lightly battered and coated with low fat mayonnaise and crispy glazed walnuts. We have tried some of the sushi, but didn't like any of them. So, we just come for the Chinese food. The wine list is very limited, offering one Chardonnay (Columbia Valley), one Merlot (Mendocino County), one Cabernet (Paso Robles), one Pinot Noir (Mendocino County), and White Zinfandel. The service is very fast and you can usually be seated right away. If you are ordering take-out it is usually ready in 10 minutes.

• Visited October 2013

Garden Grove
“Best of both worlds, amazing food and good for you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have been going to Fortune Cookies for years, started at the one in seal beach and now the FV location. Love the food here! Orange Chicken and Hot and Sour Soup is my favorite!

Visited September 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Very good, but slipping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been a fan of Fortune Cookies since it opened. This is Chinese-American food at it's best - variety and fantastic flavor, prepared with quality meats and sauces. As healthy as I've seen Chinese food. It has been my family's favorite restaurant. That said, last 2 visits have been disappointing. Food has been less flavorful, and does not seem to be as healthy (oily, more fat on the meat...). On a related note, we miss seeing the owner. He's an athlete and passionate about the health and medicinal properties of his food.

Visited October 2013
Fountain Valley, California
“You're missing out if you haven't tried this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I'm surprised this restaurant hasn't been reviewed more. The outside is not indicative of what it is when u walk in. It's pretty and sophisticated. Food OMG so delish! My "organic" friends frequent here often and I thought my fat self wouldn't enjoy it but wow....I mean WOW. Awesome, tasty, delicious, flavorful, awesome...wait I already said that. Anyways....it's a must visit or try at least once. I guarantee you will be hooked! PS I'm an overweight non-foodie. It's definitely going to be a place that aids me in my new found fitness and lifestyle change! Don't miss out! Brown rice is a yummy side to the broccoli beef, crazy sushi roll and chicken orange peel our fam had. Tasted the filet mignon and green beans and hello yummy! Filet and green beans a must! I always get the Filet now. Awesome affordable lunch specials from 11a-4p!

Visited September 2013
Westminster
“LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just found a favorite Chinese Restaurant in Fountain Valley!

The egg flour soup was very good, as was my House Orange Peel Chicken. White meat chicken is a plus (other restaurants use dark meat for the majority of their dishes) and not overly breaded and fried.

My husband ordered the garlic chicken and proclaimed it very tender. Go before 4pm and take advantage of their lunch specials.

We will definitely return!

• Visited September 2013