Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Beach Inn Motel(Huntington Beach)
  • Pool
Ana Mesa Inn(Costa Mesa)
Rodeway Inn(Huntington Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewshuntington beachtypical courtyardcourtyard marriotteach room has a balconystarbucks coffeefront desk staff was very helpfulbed was comfortablelobby areaking suitebreakfast and dinnerstayed for one nightminute drivenice propertytwo night stayfree parkingbusiness centerearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ok, so they remodeled the lobby and it was worth it, saw a lot of people hanging out there. Checking in was painless and the staff was friendly. I was using a Marriott e-certifacte so the room was free and perhaps I paid a price for that. Was give a room directly across from the elevator. Room was small, in fact I almost broke my toe in the middle of the night, walking back from the bathroom. The couch left on 12 inches or so between the bed to walk by and get into. Paint peeling in the ceiling of the shower. Also, I've notice in my last few stays at a Marriott, my Silver Elite "Priority" late checkout has only gotten me an extra hour, which I imagine anybody can get if they ask. All that said, not much better in Fountain Valley.

Room Tip: Avoid room 300
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eaar O
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. I apologize regarding the condition of the ceiling in your bathroom. I will share your experience with our maintenance team so that we can address the issue right away. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I paid $173 for a solo traveller.

The hotel is clean, modern(ish), staff are friendly , and there is WiFi. In general it is a decent place,but for a room costing that much the least I expect is for breakfast to be included in the price. What kind of hotel these days doesn't do this? It's so standard across the world.

There IS a bistro in the lobby where you can get something to eat, so the least the hotel can do is provide some kind of voucher to their guests. The bistro is over priced too, by the way.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Polecat070
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel. I am glad that the room was clean and comfortable. The Courtyard brand has never offered complimentary breakfast as part of the room price. However, there are many options under the Marriott umbrella that do include breakfast in the rate, i.e. Residence Inn, TownPlace Suites and SpringHill Suites. Hopefully, this will help with future hotel choices.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We spent two nights here while at the Surf City Marathon. The hotel was very nice. Great pool and hot tub. The employees were friendly and had already arranged for us to have late check out and a taxi for me to get to the race start. The room was nice and comfortable. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you such positive comments about your recent stay. I am glad the hotel met your needs while in Huntington Beach. The Marathon has grown significantly over the past few years so we are constantly learning how we can take care of the runner best. Late check-out and transportation seem to be key, so I am glad this worked out for you. Maybe we will see you next year!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Pros - nice staff, clean environment, amenities are good, beds are comfortable, the staff allowed me to park and leave my business's trailer while I was away.

Cons- no free breakfast, although the hotel was non smoking the smell of cigarette smoke permeated the 2nd and 3rd floor halls. The lobby snack bar thing was over priced with a boring menu. Go down the street and you can find every Resturant available to suit your tastes. Like most hotels the TV had limited channels. Bring your own Wifi I was not sure how the hotel wifi worked there were no directions that I could find.

Room Tip: My room was clean and tidy. No real issues to speak of. I had the queen with a fold out couch. The rooms are a bit cramped and left me a bit phobic. The other room I rented was two queens which had more room so I would ask for that room to get the extra space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to rate the hotel. I am glad that the room was clean and comfortable. My apologies that there was smoke smell in the hotel. Marriott has been smoke free since 2007, but there are always people that challenge that rule. We do charge $250 when evidence is found that someone has smoked in the room. We do have complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and public spaces. There should have been instructions on the desk for your reference. I am sorry if this was missing. I will follow up with housekeeping to make sure this isn’t overlooked in the future. I hope you will consider us again in the future when your travel brings you to this area.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel while traveling on business. At first glance, it was OK. It was a little outdated, but it was fine for one night. Bed was soft and overall, the room was clean. My main issue was the faucet leaked, the hair dryer did not work (not good when you have long hair and count on hotels to have a working one in the room), and it was almost impossible to watch the tv at the angle it was from the bed. It was crazy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Steven V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have showed this to housekeeping and maintenance so that the items you mentioned can be corrected. The TV is on a sliding tray that swivels, which I find helpful when watching from bed. I hope you will try us again the next time you travel to Orange County.