Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Fountain Valley
“deceived”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Room was not even close to picture online, carpets really bad, walls were lumpy throughout room (nasty) lights were bad, tv didn't work...To top it all off after traveling for about 4hours we were not able to check in until after 7pm. Clerk said not their fault computers server down in las vegas? He said just go eat and come back later. no discount and no later check out.. never again will our softball team stay at this chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was visiting family and friends in Huntington Beach and just wanted a low cost room nearby. I booked a room for three nights via Hotwire and paid in advance. I ended up not staying there the first night since I was out late with friends. When I checked in the next day the clerk advised me that since I had not checked in the day before, my Hotwire deal was cancelled and the room for 2 nights would now be higher than the 3 day price. A little disappointing but it was my fault. The next day I was in the office and the owner came out from the back to chat. After hearing what had occurred, he wanted to waive the entire cost for the two nights. I could not accept that offer and in the end we agreed on paying full price for one night and the second night free. More than I wanted but that's what he wanted to do. Nothing fancy with the rooms but they are clean and the hotel is right off 405 so it is easy to go North/South or to the beach.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Chino Hills, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Last minute business trip and picked this hotel because of my great experiences with Days Inn. I can say that I was the worst experience I ever had and not really happy about it. The room rate was overpriced, the quality of the room is dated and has really bad wear and tear. Some issues need to be addressed to keep up with the services and quality provided by other Days Inn hotels were I have stayed.

When checkin in, requested if I could please get my corporate rate ( I think her name was Amanda) and she stated that she could not honor it because I had to call Wyndham to arrange that and that they wouldn't do that while checkin. I knew this is false as I have given my corporate number in other hotels and they have honored it with no problem. I asked if I could use my Wyndham points to cover the cost of the night and she gave another excuse that it was not possible that I was only able to get the standard rate with no discounts, she could only enter my rewards account to collect the points. Decided not to argue with her and take what she stated. I will be calling corporate to address the issue.

Room it self is dated, bed was comfortable and clean. The hotel is parallel to the freeway so it is really noisy from traffic even with the windows closed. It kinda got quieter at later hours of the night but it you are a light sleeper then you will have trouble sleeping. Bathroom was a bit dirty with some mold on the shower and on the counter, some repairs done in the bathroom door and ceiling. Where is management to supervise the repairs and check on the overall quality of the room/facility?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#11 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington ...
#15 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
BEST WESTERN Surf City
BEST WESTERN Surf City
#6 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Hotel Huntington Beach
Hotel Huntington Beach
#17 of 22 in Huntington Beach

Been to Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!