“Great breakfast!”

Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I relocated from Texas and had to stay at the Residence Inn for a few days before my apartment was ready. It had everything to offer to make one's stay comfortable. The property and the rooms were very clean, and the internet to do work worked well. I also thought the free breakfast every morning was a great bonus!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear 7008LoveToTravel,

Welcome to Fountain Valley!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I am all for writing my positive experiences and it's taken me a couple weeks and much thought to write about this. Since October my hubby and I have wanted a night out. With 3 kids that just doesn't happen often. My son got us a room in which he booked for a surprise for us. We were so looking forward to doing nothing but grabbing takeout and enjoying alone time in a beautiful Marriott room. When we approached the check in associate by the name of Spencer he was quick to respond that the reservation we had was a rate for employees only. He then responded he had no room for a cheaper rate except for 129.00. My husband and I came with very little money as we drove 50 miles to stay there. When we got turned away I was so sad my heart ached. Here we had take out, wine goodies for nothing. We drove home in 2 hour traffic and sobbed. Just more disappointed because we were both counting down the days for a quick little romantic weekend. Just thought someone should know. Didn't seem right or fair. The associate seemed cold with no heart. I felt that the least he could have done is showed some compassion. I am done venting now and I feel better just writing this review. Next time I will think twice on staying here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dana H
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Dana H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback...

I regret that we were not able to accommodate you at the discounted rate that you were expecting. Just to clarify, the "Marriott Associate Holiday" rate that your reservation was set up for applied to Marriott associates only. This is a privelege offered to all Marriott associates to enjoy during the holidays, and it is clearly stated that only Marriott associates can avail of this discounted rate.

I apologize if we or the Marriott associate you are associated with did not clearly explain this to you prior to check-in. Please feel free to contact me should you have further questions.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is the first time I have stayed in a 'residence' inn and I was pleasantly surprised. Our two bedroom suite was very clean and spacious, although I would have preferred more room in the dining/sitting area and less in the bedrooms. There were enough dishes and pots for four, with a note to call the front desk should anything more be required.

The staff was wonderful; check-in was quick and easy. We were able to get into our room early - which was nice after a long day's drive. I contacted the desk three times with questions and requests and each time, the response was polite, cheerful and quick.

The outdoor sitting area with bbq was an unexpected treat. A gentle fountain, lots of comfortable chairs and umbrellas for shade gave a nice area for relaxing. While we did not use the pool, hot tub or basketball area, we saw others doing so.

Room Tip: This hotel is right off the freeway, so if traffic noise might be an issue for you, request a room o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear gail_2616,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at our hotel. The team and I take great pride in delivering the services and products that Marriott is known for.

I am happy that we made a good first impression on your first time with the Residence Inn by Marriott. May you have many more great experiences with our brand.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Have stayed at the Fountain Valley Residence Inn for many years. It is still well maintained and updated after all of the years (20+) that I have stayed at this hotel. Staff is very helpful and always friendly. Great place to stay and located within easy drive to all of the Orange County attractions. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Phillip C,

Thank you for your loyalty in staying at our hotel for all these years! It makes us all smile when we hear that we are taking care of our guests with Marriott's "Spirit to Serve" on a consistent basis.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orange County!!!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I love this hotel - freeway close (right off Brookhurst) and right down the street from Mile Park where you can walk, job, bike or people watch. It's a little home away from home. Very convenient shopping nearby. If you need to be in this area for work or pleasure I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Donna Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write a favorable review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and our services made you feel at home.

We look forward to having you again on your next trip!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We chose this place as a midpoint between picking up daughter from CSU, Long Beach and Mission Viejo where extended family lives. Very easy access from freeway, and we did not hear any freeway noise (although we were closer to the street than to the freeway). We stayed for 3 days/2 nights in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite with a sitting room/kitchen between the rooms to allow us and our college daughter privacy during the evening/night. Lots of conveniences and local restaurants closeby; drive to Huntington Beach/Pier to further see the southern California lifestyle was 15 minutes away. The suite had high showerheads, comfortable beds, flat-screen TVs in each bedroom plus sitting area, and the kitchen area had all the amenities of being in a kitchen at home. The countertop had high stools for dining if you chose to eat in or hangout as my daughter and her cousins easily did while we took a nap to recharge. Breakfast was standard Marriott style (hot dishes, 2 waffle makers, drinks, cereals, & pastries); when the area was getting crowded, they opened up a conference room for the overflow. I liked having a computer station with printer in the lobby for quick lookup's or flight check-ins. Looking forward to staying here again for future visits.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front may be a quieter than those in the back which border the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Disneylovers,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay at our hotel. It is comments like yours that make the team proud and happy to serve our guests.

I am happy to hear that you had a great experience...We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Orange County.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Disappointed in this property. Other Residence Inns have been wonderful. Suite was ok but housekeeping slow. Left room early each day, returned by mid-afternoon to an unclean room. At check in, I asked hotel to split the bill between me and a friend. They did not do this. I checked out alone and was charged way more than my share of the bill creating an awkward situation. The grounds could be kept cleaner. Trash and dog feces were not picked up.
This is an older property. No elevator, accessed room from the outside. We were on the top floor but it was still noisy.
Only consolation was a lovely manager named Tiffany who did her best to make things right post stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue B
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear williesmom237,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel, I'm sorry that you found our grounds were not well-kept and service was slow.

We value your feedback and will use it to better our services and product. I have shared your comments with my team, and I can assure you that we do not take this lightly. I hope you will give us another chance during your next visit!

Thank you again for your feedback, and I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County
SpringHill Suites Huntington Bea...
#11 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington ...
#16 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!