“Always a nice stay...but”

Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Orange County, CA
“Always a nice stay...but”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Like all Residence Inns the FV location is very nice. Large room, nice facilities. Our only complaint: we made toast one morning, using one knife and one small plate. These were placed in the dishwasher by the maid and cleaned. Given the dire drought emergency in California this was simply irresponsible.

Green Features: Using the dishwasher for ONE knife and ONE small plate was very not responsible.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear OCProfessor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am aligned with your comment about the water waste and have shared this with my housekeeping team. I assure you that we will be doing our part to conserve water during this drought crisis!

Art Aquino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff was very attentive and always helpful. The rooms were clean and what you would expect from an extended stay facility with kitchens and large refrigerator . Had a nice court yard with pool and basketball court. This location was extremely convenient to the 405 Fwy and had many local restaurant options. The free breakfast was excellent with fresh waffles, eggs, and fresh fruit .

• Stayed July 2014
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the amenities and service that we provide.

We look forward to you coming back and being of service to you again!

Regards,

chariz808
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very nice stay! The room was very clean and had modern amenities. Very nice to have a full kitchen when traveling with a baby. The only small complaint is that the carpet around the bathroom was wet. We weren't sure if it was because the room was so humid when we first got there or if there was a small leak somewhere. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear charlz808,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and rate us favorably! I am happy to hear that we met your expectations.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Warm Regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms look just like the website show. We were in a 2 bedroom suite, which is nice, having 2 grown children with us . We did not use the kitchen, but it looked clean & stocked with plates, glasses,etc. the 1st night we got in late & we noticed dozens of little bugs(like fruit flies). I called the front desk, they were apologetic & sent someone over with a can of Raid. He stood outside while I sprayed, I'm not sure it really worked & it left a yucky residue wherever I sprayed. The next day I saw the housekeeper & asked her to do something about the bugs & let the front desk know. I do not know what they did,but when we came back several hours later, they were almost gone. Yes there were so e at night, but much better. The breakfast was so-so, they should serve individual yogurt, not a big bowl. Oatmeal was funky looking & eggs too. Coffee was way too weak & I don't like overly strong coffee. Breakfast Room was too small. The staff was very pleasant& .everything was in close walking distance. Hotel is near a lot of things & highway. Beds in room were very comfortable, I only wished they offered 1 room of the 2 room suite to have 2 beds. The couch was really bad, saggy & when you pulled it out to make a bed, it was worse. Those need to be changed. Bathrooms could use a little updating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice room, nice staff, nice location, etc. However, one incident that I thought it was weird. It was around 9a.m. on Saturday, April 19, 2014, a fire alarm went off just as I was shampooing my hair in the shower. I had to rinse quickly, tried to dry myself as much as I can, put on some clothes and ran downstairs and out to parking lot. The alarm was still going on. Neighbors were already out with their families and some with their dogs chit chatting with each other. Anyway, the alarm stopped and it must be at least 5 minutes. Everybody went back to their room after the alarm stopped for about 2 or 3 minutes after.

I went back into the shower to finish my interrupted shower. And what do you know, the alarm went off again as I was conditioning my hair. So had to dress again and went out with same people before. Don't remember how many minutes but alarm stopped and everyone waited. Finally went back to room and try to finish whatever.

But before I went to my finish my shower, a police car drove really fast down my parking lot and then I heard the firetruck. I finally get to complete my shower, dressed and got out to do about. Didn't stop to ask what was going on since the firetruck was still at the front office.

Other than that, we had a wonderful weekend in OC and will be returning to this RI again next time.

Oh, we had a fireplace in our unit but it was spring and hot so we didn't get to utilize it and we got up too late to have the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid swimming pool areas if you want quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a clean, modern and comfortable fully-loaded suite that's in a quiet residential area near the beach then this hotel is a great choice. There is an outdoor pool but we did not use. Also, they serve complimentary breakfast and snacks although the breakfast selection was mediocre and under portioned. Front desk staff was nice and there's minimal noise/activity within the hotel vicinity. My only complaint was that their so-called "sofa bed" is definitely not a bed. It was a tiny sofa with a thin layer of egg-carton shaped foam - something one would use to for packaging and not to sleep on. I didn't like how that was falsely advertised! We were a family of three and the third person had a very uncomfortable sleep experience. Also, the room was quite pricey but then it was summer time when we travelled. There are lots of restaurants around nth the nightlife was non-existence. The beaches were all really nice and only a 5-15 minutes drive from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I usually try to stay at Marriott hotels, but the Residence Inn Huntington Beach-Fountain Valley really drove me away.

To be clear, this review is based on service, not on a stay at the hotel.

We were heading to Orange County for the day and needed a hotel room in the area. We had a small dog with us, so we needed a pet friendly hotel.

I called the hotel directly and asked if it was pet friendly. The reservation specialist said yes, and I booked a reservation for that night. We arrived at the hotel and went to check-in and were surprised to be handed a pet waiver that stated we would be charged $100 per stay for our dog. Well, we hadn't been informed of the fee when we reserved the room directly with the hotel, so it came as a bit of a surprise. Not to mention, $100 just for one night is outrageous.

I politely explained to the front desk clerk that we were not informed of the fee when we placed our reservation over the phone, even though I called the hotel directly. He stated that the reservations are handled through a central call center, as if that somehow means they can get away with not being upfront. He also mentioned that the $100 fee is on the website, which I never visited, since I placed my reservation with the hotel directly upon asking about its pet friendly status. He made no accommodations for us, and refused to allow me to speak to someone else about the fee. I truly believe this was an error on Marriott's part, not on mine, since I depended on the hotel to provide me with complete information.

We decided to take our business elsewhere. If you have a pet, I suggest driving 10 minutes to the Westin in Costa Mesa, where pets are accepted without a fee, and the hotel is much nicer, with better amenities.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley R
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Ashley R,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that our pet policy and fee were not clearly communicated to you when you made your reservation.

I have shared your comments with my team on how we can improve communicating our services to all of our guests so that there are no perceived "hidden charges".

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
BEST WESTERN Surf City
BEST WESTERN Surf City
#6 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Pasea Hotel & Spa
Pasea Hotel & Spa
#4 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach

Been to Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!