“A Hidden Gem!”

Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Best value we've found in So Cal! Great location just off the 405 but very quiet. Pool, hot tub, and sport court are great. Rooms are very comfortable. The only two minor drawbacks are no elevator and the fitness room is small. Fortunately, a 24 Hour Fitness club is about a half mile away.

Love this place and will plan on staying again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the east side.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Anewsbud,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided!

We look forward to being of service to you again during your next visit to Orange County!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our last stop on our road trip celebrating our twins 21st Birthday and we were looking forward to some relaxation.

On arrival I was a bit worried when I got to the front as it looked like I had arrived at a Motel however once we got upstairs to our room we were very happy. It was a very large room with a good kitchen and even though the bathroom did not have a walk in shower and was small it was okay.

The beautiful beach was a short drive away but be warned the parking is expensive if you plan to visit everyday.

Disneyland was only about 30 mins drive from the hotel and the route to get there is very straightforward.

We enjoyed the free breakfast every morning and it had a wide choice the staff who work in there are lovely and very good at keeping everything tidy and replenished.

The only downside I could see about this hotel is if you are coming to stay and use the pool as it is very small and did not look very clean in my opinion.

If you are looking for a hotel in Orange County that gives good access to Huntingdon Beach and the others in the area and somewhere close to Disneyland this place works perfectly

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shockedelicka
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear shockedelicka,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your rcent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations, and we appreciate the feedback on opportunities of improvement.

We hope to be of service to you again during your next visit to the Orange County area!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Like all Residence Inns the FV location is very nice. Large room, nice facilities. Our only complaint: we made toast one morning, using one knife and one small plate. These were placed in the dishwasher by the maid and cleaned. Given the dire drought emergency in California this was simply irresponsible.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear OCProfessor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am aligned with your comment about the water waste and have shared this with my housekeeping team. I assure you that we will be doing our part to conserve water during this drought crisis!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff was very attentive and always helpful. The rooms were clean and what you would expect from an extended stay facility with kitchens and large refrigerator . Had a nice court yard with pool and basketball court. This location was extremely convenient to the 405 Fwy and had many local restaurant options. The free breakfast was excellent with fresh waffles, eggs, and fresh fruit .

• Stayed: July 2014
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the amenities and service that we provide.

We look forward to you coming back and being of service to you again!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very nice stay! The room was very clean and had modern amenities. Very nice to have a full kitchen when traveling with a baby. The only small complaint is that the carpet around the bathroom was wet. We weren't sure if it was because the room was so humid when we first got there or if there was a small leak somewhere. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear charlz808,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and rate us favorably! I am happy to hear that we met your expectations.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms look just like the website show. We were in a 2 bedroom suite, which is nice, having 2 grown children with us . We did not use the kitchen, but it looked clean & stocked with plates, glasses,etc. the 1st night we got in late & we noticed dozens of little bugs(like fruit flies). I called the front desk, they were apologetic & sent someone over with a can of Raid. He stood outside while I sprayed, I'm not sure it really worked & it left a yucky residue wherever I sprayed. The next day I saw the housekeeper & asked her to do something about the bugs & let the front desk know. I do not know what they did,but when we came back several hours later, they were almost gone. Yes there were so e at night, but much better. The breakfast was so-so, they should serve individual yogurt, not a big bowl. Oatmeal was funky looking & eggs too. Coffee was way too weak & I don't like overly strong coffee. Breakfast Room was too small. The staff was very pleasant& .everything was in close walking distance. Hotel is near a lot of things & highway. Beds in room were very comfortable, I only wished they offered 1 room of the 2 room suite to have 2 beds. The couch was really bad, saggy & when you pulled it out to make a bed, it was worse. Those need to be changed. Bathrooms could use a little updating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice room, nice staff, nice location, etc. However, one incident that I thought it was weird. It was around 9a.m. on Saturday, April 19, 2014, a fire alarm went off just as I was shampooing my hair in the shower. I had to rinse quickly, tried to dry myself as much as I can, put on some clothes and ran downstairs and out to parking lot. The alarm was still going on. Neighbors were already out with their families and some with their dogs chit chatting with each other. Anyway, the alarm stopped and it must be at least 5 minutes. Everybody went back to their room after the alarm stopped for about 2 or 3 minutes after.

I went back into the shower to finish my interrupted shower. And what do you know, the alarm went off again as I was conditioning my hair. So had to dress again and went out with same people before. Don't remember how many minutes but alarm stopped and everyone waited. Finally went back to room and try to finish whatever.

But before I went to my finish my shower, a police car drove really fast down my parking lot and then I heard the firetruck. I finally get to complete my shower, dressed and got out to do about. Didn't stop to ask what was going on since the firetruck was still at the front office.

Other than that, we had a wonderful weekend in OC and will be returning to this RI again next time.

Oh, we had a fireplace in our unit but it was spring and hot so we didn't get to utilize it and we got up too late to have the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid swimming pool areas if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County
SpringHill Suites Huntington Bea...
#9 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Pasea Hotel & Spa
Pasea Hotel & Spa
#4 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!