“Quantity, Not Quality” 2 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Maryland, USA
“Quantity, Not Quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

A Chinese and seafood themed dinner buffet that also has a salad bar, sushi and a Mongolian BBQ. I’ve been here several times out of deference to my friends, who are huge fans of this place. They dive into the panorama of dishes – oysters, various sorts of clams, frog legs, *really* large snails, kielbasa (yes, really), crawfish and various overcooked-looking fish and shrimp dishes.
What’s not to like, you ask? Well, I’m definitely an adventurous eater, but I fear buffets where things aren’t impeccably fresh looking. Most items here look really dubious. I get the impression that the salad items have been there for weeks, the sushi scares me, and I find myself treading a very tenuous path through the various greasy stir-fry items. It’s no place to be a vegetarian. You can get fried rice and some stir-fried green beans, but not much else warm.
If you’re hungry and not a whiner like me, it’s a great deal. Cost per person is $17, all you can eat (or stomach)

• Visited March 2011