“Excellent presentation.”

Ranked #26 of 482 Restaurants in Fremont
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent presentation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

My son said his sushi was delicious and my tempura shrimp and vegetables was delicious. You've gotta try the bubble tea place next door too!

• Visited August 2013

California
“Average teppanyaki. You might want to consider other options.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

My wife and I like this restarant, and we return periodically. There's nothing wrong with the place, but it also doesn't stand out as being exceptional, either. We go here primarily because it isn't very far from home, and my wife loves teppanyaki. Personally, I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to come here. But if you are nearby anyway, then it's a fine choice.

A friend of mine lives very close to this restaurant, and he said there is a better teppanyaki place somewhere else in Fremont. So, it might be worth shopping around.

• Visited December 2012
Colorado
“Pretty Hip Asian Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I met a couple of old buddies at Kaenyama Sushi and Teppanyaki in Fremont. It's right off Auto Mall and mixed in with a bunch of other Asian restaurants. We ate at the teppanyaki area. Not bad... chef was a bit rookie, but did all the usual teppan tricks. The fried rice was excellent. Overall selection was standard fare for teppanyaki bars. Place is clean and nicely designed (re: they have not jammed tables and chairs in the space).

• Visited April 2013
Bucks County PA
“Seriously good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Am traveling in San Jose where good sushi is hard to find. Drove to Fremont to see the mission and read the Tripadvisor review on this place. Hako special roll was one of the best I have ever had. High quality and friendly staff - treated a single female traveler well.

Fremont, California
“Modern, Hip and Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

My husband and I tried this place for the first time the other day. Our regular sushi place wasn't open and we were a bit skeptical about trying a new sushi place.

Are we ever glad we did! Our sushi chef was Elias and we told him that he could serve us anything he wanted (with the exception of cream cheese, wasabi and eel).

OMG...this is some of the freshest sushi we've had in a while. Amazing flavors. Elias was attentive, paying close attention to if we liked our food and if we wanted something else. His plating and presentation was stunning. It was easy to see that he takes great pride in what he serves.

I can't even tell you what we had but the flavors are fresh, tasty, sometimes even decadent! It was so much fun just having the chef create anything he wanted.

Our waiter was very attentive as well.

The restaurant is very modern and very comfortable. We will definitely go back. Try it!

• Visited January 2013