“Room smelled like BenGay”

Good Nite Inn Fremont
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Didn't like this Motel to much. My Room smelled like deep heat Rub. First I thought someone had been sitting on the beds before we got in the room because they were all wrinkley but I think it might of been the old bedspreads. The sheets and bedding were old and the box spring that sits under the top matress shows and looks yellow old.So it made me feel like it was not clean. . Nice front desk at check in. Location was a bit from downtown Fremont and there are lots of Motels/hotels closer to downtown which I will pick next time.. Also the second day the maid made up one bed but not the other for some reason. We did leave a travel bag sitting on the bed. Maybe she thought she was not supposed to move it.
Lower floor, thin walls lot's of noise on Friday Night but not on Saturday night. The Bonus is it did share a parking lot with McDonalds. Mini Fridge,Hair dryer, toiletrie sand iron good. No clock.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We recently made a change in the Laundry department and that should help with some of the linen problems. We are sorry your stay with us not the best. We will do our best to improve next time.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I travel to the Silicon Valley area frequently and the GoodNite Inn has been my hotel of choice for 2+ years and counting. The front office staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and always make you feel that you are truly welcome. They are always available to offer friendly, knowledgable advice or solve the very rare problem The rooms are very nicely kept by the excellent housekeepers, who are so proud of their work, they leave a card in the room with their name on it. The maintenance staff keeps the property always in great shape All in all the GoodNite Inn is a very well managed and TOP-NOTCH place to stay when in the Bay Area. They will always have my business.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are really working hard to improve and we wanted to thank you for your time. We are very pleased our staff does take care of you and we can't wait for your return.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We took a large group (50+ people) to this hotel this spring.
The workers are very friendly for the most part. The rooms are clean, although old and dated. Beds are comfortable. When we booked the hotel still provided a continental breakfast. They however had stopped that several months before our actual trip. The manager was very nice and bought our group several dozen doughnuts each morning because of the inconvenience. The staff was a little slow at checkin, but made up for it during the rest of our stay!
The location is great. We visit San Francisco, six flags, great America, and Santa Cruz. The hotel is right in the middle and is a great central point.
The only downside is they do not have a meeting room.
Overall I am sure we will use this hotel again.
With staff who go out of their way to work with our group it makes the choice that much easier! If they had a meeting room there we would head back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I will bring your request of a meeting room to upper management. I thank you for staying with us and I am happy the donut was enough for the breakfast ordeal. In the future we will work even harder to improve from this stay and try to exceed all expectations by your next visit.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Before you read anyone else's negative reviews please take the time to read my positive one. Yes I agree this is a basic hotel. They never said they were the Hilton. Its a nice, quite & clean hotel. We are from the central valley. My husband had knee surgery, very difficult and painful. While he was in surgery, I left to locate the hotel. I wanted to be able to put him in the car, drive to the hotel and put him to bed. No getting lost...... I had made the reservations thru a 3rd party, in my reservation I requested down stairs and a quite area due to surgery. To my delight, the hostess (Blanca) not only informed the room was exactly what I had requested, but I could also check in early..... This way I would have a key and have all our things already in the room. WOW!!!!!!!!! You dont get great customer service anymore-anywhere you go...... Room was clean outside of the comforter being alittle old and old... I sent an email to Good Nite Inn Fremont-THE manger sent an email back apologizing and stated they would take care of it... again WOW!!!! That extra personal touch is sooooo important. And one more surprise- the next morning I went to the lobby to retrieve a cup of coffee, the same woman (Blanca) that had checked me in the day before at the front desk... politely said good morning AND MUCH TO MY SURPRISE asked me how my husband was feeling and if he'd slept good..... Im not kidding, who does that anymore- let alone even remember your face, or to be polite and say good morning... They get 1000 little green circles filled in. I will stay there again and definitely refer friends & family there.... Hats off to "Good Nite Inn Fremont"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chandra-dragonfly
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

We are so happy your stay with us was wonderful. We preach our hospitality to all our guest and we hope to make everyone's stay a great one. I am proud of Blanca and her hard work. I really hope your husband has a quick recovery and we hope to see you in the future when you visit for a holiday and or fun in our area. Thank you for your kind words and I will pass this on to our staff and upper management.

Francisco Acosta

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This was a no-frills hotel. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, but small. No coffee pot or microwave in the room. Older picture tube TV. No internet without an extra fee of $4.95 for 24 hrs. No continental breakfast. Outside walkway upstairs to room was not clean and elevator floor was not cleaned during the 3 days we stayed. Room was non-smoking, but guest were smoking on upstairs walkway near room. Good that a McDonalds was about 200 feet from room!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We cater to guest who is looking for a limited service hotel and we offer the best price in the hospitality business.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Convenient off highway. The rooms were basic rooms, but felt clean. The price was very inexpensive for a hotel in the area. Few eateries adjacent to property, including McDonalds, Chinese, Japanese. For any of the Fremont area hotels, or hotels that require hwy 880 access, you have to deal with commute traffic if you are going south in the morning and need to plan extra time. Overall, a nice basic hotel room for a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We have provided numerous training hours to improve our location from cleaning to safety. Our staff has worked really hard to maintain our facility as one of Fremont greatest secrets. We can't wait to see your return in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor. I wasn't expecting much I just wanted a clean and cheap no frills hotel. This place is not clean. The carpet was stained. The bed skirt was shredded and in taters. The sheet had a big black K on the top corner that someone marked with a big black felt tip marker. (I can only imagine its there so the maids can tell the difference from a queen and king bed sheet) My wife kept getting scared thinking the big black K was a bug. The pool and spa were full of green algae and closed locked up with a chain. The staff was nice and actually called us in the room to see if everything was ok, but what was I supposed to say "this room is very dirty can you move us into something less dirty". I just don't uderstand how this hotel is ranked number six on Tripadvisor it should not even be in the top 20. Tripadvisor has never let me down until I checked into this dive. So if your on a super budget just go to a motel six or anywhere but here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

We are very sad to read that your stay was not a happy one. I was even suprised to see even when we checked on your room by calling, you still did not let our staff know about your stay. It is really hard to address anything if guest do not let us know. I have also checked on the pool, and the renovation of the pool should be completed by next month. We are sorry for any inconvenience. At the end of April we have just completed a full shampoo by a proffesional company of cleaning all carpets at our location. We will continue to work hard to keep our customers happy and thank you for your time.