“Newly Decorated Rooms & Questionable Characters”

Motel 6 Fremont North
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Newly Decorated Rooms & Questionable Characters”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

You got it folks! If a newly decorated room is all you want then this is the place for you. The rooms are nice for a Motel 6 and the staff is well trained.

Downsides:

1. The place seems to host a nightly ho convention and an ongoing parade of unseemly characters. The police were summoned on a number of occasions. Upon my arrival the Fremont Police has a man seated on the curb in front of the hotel.

2. Several other travelers have reported problems with the plumbing. When I arrived some guy was in the office complaining that his toilet was backed up. I had to change rooms at midnight because an overflowing toilet in the unit above was starting to flood my room. Note: The staff took $10 off for this inconvenience.

3. There is a small charge for the Internet. It barely works. I checked the speed, which at highest was .4 download and .6 upload.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank JEB1960_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I would frequently stay here until I was harrassed by FPD when I learned that Hotel Policy allows them to share your info and if you have warrants to come to your room and arrest you! I was sitting in my vehicle when they approached me, and when they discovered I didnt have warrants they said "Why are you staying Here?" only Prostitution and drugs acccure there...case closed!

Room Tip: request wood floor wont smell like dogs
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Chuck Q
Port Lavaca, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2013

When I entered my room, I found that my toilet was totally broken, the water couldn't flow out when I pushed the button, the pipe was plug. I went to office and told them this situation and want to change the room, but he said he will arrange a guy came to my room to repair it. I wait about 30 minutes in the room then someone show up, he didn't repair it, the toilet still plug and he left. I went to bath then I found that the bathroom is also plug so the water can't flow out, whf! I will not come to this hotel again in the future!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fremont North, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Fredck34 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the maintenance issues and inconvenience you encountered during your stay. These maintenance conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Creswell, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I agree with "Patrick M". I know that I generally don't take the time to write a review unless I've had a negative experience. and I suspect that many of the critics here do likewise.

I feel I need to balance the record. I love Motel 6; I rely on Motel 6. I drive all over the country with my large black dog, and I don't always know where I'll be stopping for the night.. But when I see the Motel 6 sign, I know we can count on a clean, comfortable room that will accommodate both of us -- w/o surprise surcharges for the dog. I have always found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. No, they don't offer hot breakfasts like higher-starred hostelries, but I'm not fool enough to believe that non-breakfast eaters like by myself are not paying in full for the "free deluxe" meals offered by other hostelries -- whether or not we choose to eat them.

$3/ per day to access internet is also annoying, but liveable.

(In this case, the Lucky's Market next door offers a full compliment of baked goods My one suggestion to the Motel 6 chain is that in addition to morning coffee, all stores offer hot water for tea or chocolate for us non-coffee drinkers. This particular motel DOES offer hot water, and is adjacent to a shopping center with a Lucky's market.

I'd stay here before, and I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: At the time I stayed, there, two-bed rooms were in short supply and only available on the upper flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The more I read some reviews of different Motel 6s, the more I think they're planted by the competition.

This place is clean, quiet, the morning coffee is drinkable, a cheery "good morning sir" from the desk clerk.

I'm here on business for a start-up company and money is tight. I'm really thankful that this chain exists. They're owned by the Accor group in France where I live. If you have a problem with one of these Motel 6s and don't get satisfaction in the States, write to corporate in France - you probably will get a more attentive ear.

For a short stay, this place is perfect

Quit yer belly aching!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Have stayed here a few times. Again its motel 6. What can you really say?? the staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms have been fairly consistent. I had one incident where I was not happy with the cleanliness and they resolved it very quickly. Beds are again your average motel 6 bed. not real comfy but will do. There are a few decent place to eat close by. it is close to the freeway but not so close you get the noise. If you need a clean quiet room for a night or two it is a good place for the money. If you want amenities of course you will have to look elswhere.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Steve H
Ashland, OR
Reviewed 14 September 2011

If you want to spend under $50 in a major metro area, you have to lower your expectations. Certainly the case here. Check-in clerk was friendly and competent, but the first room he gave me had a horrendous smell. No way. The second room smelled okay – and on the upside and new carpets and curtains and a fresh coat of paint. But the shower had a leaky showerhead, the AC had a broken grille (but worked), the chair was wobbly, and unlike most M6s with one bed, there was no table. Bed was swaybacked and lumpy though I slept fine. Bare bones and marginal, but tolerable for true tightwads.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Brewsbee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City

Been to Motel 6 Fremont North? Share your experiences!