“Great place to sleep”

Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I work in Fremont every other week, and when I can get this place on hotwire, it is a win. Great clean rooms, bath & toilet in a small dark corner (bad), big sofa. BIG TV, desk, frig,'wet bar', no micvrowave, small closet. Free breakfast and wifi, 11b, not g.
On hotwire, it is in fremont/newark, 3 stars and has 6 amenities, and is the only one that does as of this review. When available,runs around $55.
Only problem was when once I arrived the next day and the night clerk told me my reservation was canceled, but they gave it back to me the next day, but they did not reimburse me for the room I had to get (I had prepaid through hotwire).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 May 2009

1. Rooms are big
2. Bathrooms are small (very small)
3. TV is huge (plasma)
4. Pool is small (3.5 feet to 5 feet deep)
5. Rooms are quiet (mine was next to the elevator even!)
6. A/C and fan are not quiet
7. Free wi-fi and breakfast were typical
8. Staff was excellent.

For 63 bucks a night, this place was terrific - even Costco didn't have a rate this low and i booked on the Hyatt website. There's nothing within walking distance except a fitness club next door but it's easy to find right off the highway. Frig in the room but no microwave and few amenities.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Newly remodeled Hyatt Place in Fremont looks great inside and outside. Rooms are modern, with welcome high tech touches like 42" plasma TV, easily accessible input port panel (VGA, HDMI, component, etc) for the TV, free wireless Internet, free printing from rooms to lobby printer. Bed comfort is pretty standard, what you might expect at a Sheraton. Furniture in the rooms looks pretty new, granite counter tops in the bathroom area, L-shaped couch is comfortable to sit on, and a small working desk and chair is sufficient for most purposes. Wet bar with coffee maker and fridge (empty) is provided. Connecting rooms are a wonderful feature for families with children. On check-in, the rooms were very clean and I was happy with the condition of the rooms. Check-in was hassle free at a airport like computer kiosk that you swipe your credit card at and it spits out your card keys. No personal touch at check-in from a real human, but hey, if it means I dont have to wait in a line, that's a trade-off I'm willing to make. Parking is ample, close, and free. Location is great, just off 880 at Warren/Mission so easy access to the East Bay, and many eateries at nearby shopping malls within 5-10 mins driving distance. Now for THINGS TO IMPROVE ON. First, housekeeping never cleaned either of our 2 rooms. They saw us leave at 11:00am, we even said hello to them. When we notified front desk in the evening, no apologies or acknowledging the inconvenience to us, just asked if we needed towels. There is no excuse for this kind of non service. Second, lighting in the toilet/tub is terrible. This is part of a general problem with lighting in general. The hotel has opted for cheap flourescent fixtures, probably for energy saving reasons. The fixtures themselves mostly look okay, but the color and intensity (or lack thereof in certain areas) made me feel like I was in a hospital. Hyatt designers obviously didn't see what the lighting would look like in real life when they made this decision, especially as it relates to the bathroom. Third, in an effort to open up the room to make it appear larger, the designers shoved the toilet and tub into a tiny closet-like space with the faucet and vanity in the sleeping area opposite the beds. Personally, I like the have a standard enclosed space for a bathroom, and I found this setup to be really hard to get used to. Lastly, the A/C and heat unit is a in-window kind of thing, and it is loud. It also blows right into the bed and the vent doesn't have directional adjustments. In SUMMARY, I think that the $60-$70 they charge on weekends is pretty close to what I think you get in return. It's a decent hotel, a good value for what you get, and most people will probably be happy with it. I think it really comes down to your personal preference and whether or not you want to endure some of these inconveniences to save $10-$20 a night. I'm undecided as to whether the trade-off is worth it, but I'll probably try some other hotels the next few times I'm in the area before I consider this hotel for my next stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank superfila
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Had to spend a night in Fremont but the Hyatt Place was very nice, especially for the $90/night I paid (AAA rate).

Great HD TV andwas able to patch in my DVD from my laptop (I have video out cables) to watch DVD on big screen.

The staff was friendly enough and apologized for not being available when I checked in as they had a large party checking in (wedding) but it was no hassle as they have self-check kiosks.

Also had a sandwich at their little cafe - was reasonble and good quality. Not much around the area so it was convenient. The included breakfast was fine (usual cereal, fruits, etc) so didn't need to pay for the upgraded one.

Overall very pleasant, clean hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I stayed the week here on business and really enjoy the hotel. the room were large and the bed was fabulous . The staff was very helpfull and I was allowed to check out late on friday as I had a late flight and it was nice to clean up brfore going home. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2008

The suites are nicely decorated with warm colors and an awesome 42" flat-panel HDTV dominates the room. Nice large comfy couch in the parlor area, and a Hyatt Grand Bed in the bedroom. I did not like the lighting in the room. I had no coffee maker, microwave or refrigerator, the A/C was too loud; I could not sleep with it on. The fitness center is a joke, no weights, just a treadmill, and bikes.

Guest Kitchen: The Hyatt Place web site and in the guest room it says 24hrs a day, seven days a week you can order food. I went down at 10:03 PM only to find it closed. The next day I ordered a salad I was told it would take 6 minutes to make, well 25 minutes later no salad. For $8 the salad was pretty good but not worth the wait. AVOID the complimentary continental breakfast. The line was out the door, and the food service area was full of people who acted like they have not eaten in 2 months. The free breakfast is weak, bagels, melon, juice, and coffee. Not worth the hassle.

I would recommend this place if you have to do business in the area, but other than that I would not stay here. You are out in the middle of nowhere. You defiantly need a car, nothing is in walking distance, there are some fast food places a few miles from the hotel there is really nothing of interest in the area.

In the end for $62 a night I really cannot complain, I like the concept of this hotel, but there are some issues here that would keep me from coming back. I think Hyatt could have poured a little more money into the lighting to avoid the motel kind of feel, add a coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, food service needs improvement.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank klarkent
Reviewed 31 August 2008

This was a fabulous stay for our family of 3! When we walked in the lobby was pleasantly fragranced. The room was spacious yet cozy, had microwave & fridge, plus a sofa bed. Furnishings were modern and nice. My husband's favorite featuer was the huge flat screen. My favorite feature was the automatic check in like at the airport! I guess that's what you can expect when you're in SIlicon Valley. One improvement would be to the breakfast. Other than that everything else was excellent!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family