“A hotel that you have to wait for 30 mins to check in just because their computer is updating”

Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel back in October. got to the hotel around 10pm and tried to check-in. No one was in line. So I said to the guy working behind the counter " I need to check-in please" The guy replied like a machine " You have to wait for 30 mins. Our system is updating"...Ok I have been travelling a lot. and I have nv been to a hotel that told me that I have to wait for 30 mins just because they are updating their system! Come on! you have two computers. just update one at a time! why do you have to put two computers down at the same time? Also, the guys didn't even apologize for it or anything. A hotel should be able to check a costumer in anytime. And it was 10pm. All I want to do is to go to bed! but no, i had to wait for 30 mins in front of the counter. So I asked him if there's a costumer service line that connects me to the headquarter or something that I can call in. he pointed at their business card with their hotel phone number on it. "Oh you can call this", He said. "uh so isn't the phone on this desk gonna ring and you will be the one who picked up the phone?" i asked.. and he said yes without a very slow and doll voice. seriously?!! So I found a 800 customer service number on the extended stay website. Called in there and explained the situation and how ridiculous it is that i have to wait for the hotel to update their system to check in. The lady on the phone assured me that i will hear back from someone in 48hrs about the complaint. However, they never called/email me back about this complaint.
I will never stayed at Extended stay america ever again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank alinn112013
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for about 10 days during my business trip to CA and was most certainly satisfied with the experience. Some of the positives going for this hotel are -
- Clean rooms and bed
- Free Wi-Fi (speed upgradable on paying a nominal amount)
- Free grab and go breakfast (very basic though - Oatmeal, coffee and fruits)
- Good location, close to restaurants, stores and the highway
- Pleasant and friendly staff.
- Room has a functional kitchen with utensils...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharath C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Sharath - It’s with sincere gratitude that we say thank you for your great review about our hotel. I am so glad to hear that our staff provided you with the "home away from home"atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love about staying with our hotels. We aim to please each and every guest during their stay, and it looks like we hit the mark for you during your recent visit.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Pros:
• Fast Check-in and check-out.
• Secured building that required door key to get in.
• Very clean room & bed (as good as Sheraton).
• Free grab-and-go breakfast. Free Wi-Fi.
• Located between SF and San Jose. (Cons: It cost ~$5 to cross those bay bridges toward SF)
• Near Safeway, Walgreen, Costco, Target.
• Very near a highway, but no noise at all.
• Full kitchen (Cons: Since people might cook in their room, there might be some cooking smell).
• Nearest gas station has low price.

Cons:
Have to ask for a hair dryer and more shampoo/conditioner from the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I book A lot of reservations at a "Corporate Lodging" rate, We get whats called a 24 hr check in.. Where we get to check out the following day at the same time as we checked in. This is a contracted rate and agreement signed by the hotel. We have someone in house that is working night's and is planned to leave tomorrow late afternoon, The hotel manager called yelling at me and i told her to read her contract with Corporate Lodging and to call them with any issues she proceeded to go off about how she will check them out herself and she doesn't have to let these employee's stay.. I have been booking hotel's at the Corporate Lodging rate and so far this is the most insane conversation i have had with a hotel Manager... SUPER unprofessional i am still in shock. Esp since the company i work for i mainly choose ESA brand hotel's and they have spent millions of dollars on these reservation's over the years being a company of over 500+ employee's who are constantly on the road. I dont't write review's often but i had to share this andwill probably forward to my ESA Rep as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank vaeblek
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Rather quiet hotel, Bld B, 2nd floor
Cheap

I do not call poor coffe,pastry and a fruit a breakfast
No buisness service center, only a printer
No cleaning of rooms if shorter stay than 8 Days included, could be purchased. Not empting trash.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, the entire staff is going to be trained on different ways they can solve these types of issues.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels locations in the future. We invite you to contact us at sjf@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here one night, following a trip to Yosemite and we were disappointed. Despite having booked a non-smoking room, when we got there they told us they had only smoking rooms available. After I showed them my printed confirmation and complained they found us a non-smoking room. Although marked as a non-smoking room, I'm pretty sure it was a smoking room that had been sprayed with air freshener. I also noticed the sheets on my bed had some stains, so I'm not sure if they were clean or not. Lastly, the breakfast was pretty disappointing.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

went to check in a was told by front desk person (Jesus) that they only had a queen bed room for my me, my wife and 2 sons. we had booked a room with 2 beds when we booked online.
I told Jesus that was unacceptable and that he needed to book me into a room with 2 beds. After he told me they were 100% booked for the night and didn't have any other rooms available I dcided to go outside and check their website on my smartphone.
In a matter of minutes I was able to pull up that they had several rooms available for booking and atleast one of them was a room with 2 beds. When i showed this to Jesus he said well thats a smoking room and when I told him that he just lied to my face he got attitude with me and said do you want that room or not.
We took it and when i went to check out I found that Jesus tried to put an extra charge of $20 onto my room for a rollaway bed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
This hotel is horrible, it smells funny and the hotel staff lies and tries to steal from you.
Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room.......?????? okay stay next door at the residence in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed to read your remarks about our staff and the issues you had with your reservation. I am very sorry that you had to encounter a situation like this, however the hotel was sold out when you came to check-in. Unfortunately, when you originally asked for an upgraded room, we were sold out of the ones in question. It seems within the hour there was a cancellation though, which enabled us to assist you further. Please know, we would never hold a reservation, instead this was a one time occurrence.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sjf@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.