“Nothing much to say about this hotel”

Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Internet speed was slow, breakfast is same all the day, location is good for publiuc transport, groceries stores are in walkable distance, a guy from front desk placed my mail in some place and i had to wait for two days get my mail, front desk not managing mails properly

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shivaburugu

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Clean, friendly, comfortable, quiet. Nice stay, but "Grab&Go" breakfast was so poor that we asked to be directed to a restaurant. One-minute walk to Country Kitchen and we were all happy again. There are 2-3 other restaurants near.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place to stay right off the freeway located near many restaurants. Clean and comfortable. Very family friendly. The kitchenettes are what really had me boom this hotel. I've stayed twice in the last month alone. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ftwolterskid
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I would recommend this hotel -- have stayed here several times and only once disappointed because the room was too small. This last stay was the best overall: friendly staff; room was medium sized and clean. Only suggestion: more utensils and a better can opener would help :)

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Michelli834
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am wheel-chair bound, so one of the priorities we request of a hotel is to be wheel chair accessible and that the room is equipped with roll-in-shower. We found all that at Extended Stay America-Fremont Newark in Fremont, CA. I cannot say the place is fancy but I can say is very acceptable for the price. It is like a little suite that comes with a full kitchenette, stove and refrigerator included, as well as a small living room with a sofa and TV. All averagely clean, bright and recently remodel, the bathroom was ample and offered all the requirements for disabled persons. That itself made me very happy. The bed was double or queen I am not so sure but I would have appreciated a king sized one. All in all we enjoyed having a place like that, we never heard any disturbances, the staff was very nice especially the manager that was always trying to make our stay comfortable. When we first came we made reservations for 3 or 4 days and we ended up staying for almost 2 weeks. The manager adjusted our rate accordingly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viamalu
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The room I received had a "x" scratched on the door and was welcomed by bad odor, a toilet that was clogged, no remote for the tv and the room had hair everywhere. Actually left and got a room at the residence inn next door and cancelled the remainder of my stay.

When I checked out, the front desk asked how my stay was for the night and I told him all my complaints that I told the attendant from the night before and he just said, "that's too bad." Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth and made me want to post this warning to anyone who is considering this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jerry L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with accommodations. In response to your feedback, I am going to make sure that the that my staff is on top of our customer service and that our rooms are up to par with our company standards.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sjf@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel back in October. got to the hotel around 10pm and tried to check-in. No one was in line. So I said to the guy working behind the counter " I need to check-in please" The guy replied like a machine " You have to wait for 30 mins. Our system is updating"...Ok I have been travelling a lot. and I have nv been to a hotel that told me that I have to wait for 30 mins just because they are updating their system! Come on! you have two computers. just update one at a time! why do you have to put two computers down at the same time? Also, the guys didn't even apologize for it or anything. A hotel should be able to check a costumer in anytime. And it was 10pm. All I want to do is to go to bed! but no, i had to wait for 30 mins in front of the counter. So I asked him if there's a costumer service line that connects me to the headquarter or something that I can call in. he pointed at their business card with their hotel phone number on it. "Oh you can call this", He said. "uh so isn't the phone on this desk gonna ring and you will be the one who picked up the phone?" i asked.. and he said yes without a very slow and doll voice. seriously?!! So I found a 800 customer service number on the extended stay website. Called in there and explained the situation and how ridiculous it is that i have to wait for the hotel to update their system to check in. The lady on the phone assured me that i will hear back from someone in 48hrs about the complaint. However, they never called/email me back about this complaint.
I will never stayed at Extended stay america ever again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business