“Avoid at all cost”

Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I reserved a room late night and checked in about 10 minutes from making my reservation.Room was unavailable.So they upsell me to another room which belonged to someone but he had not checked in.I left a cash deposit since I figured id get it in the am and the clerk refused to give me a reciept saying its in the computer why do you want a reciept? 0o Im wondering around looking for an elevator since the clerk was texing in her phone and I did not want to bother her and found it . Unfortunately it did not lead to my room as my room was in another building I later found on my own .At around 12:30 am an elderly gentlemen enters my room.Im naked and so is my wife.Well hello dear sir how may I help you.He states he just checked in and shows me his room key and we are both checked in to same room 0o .No sleep I check out around 6am and go to collect my deposit and the clerk tells me she cannot open the register till 9 am .lol.i have yet to recieve my deposit and I talked to corporate today and they offered me a free nights stay .Why the hell would I ever stay at one of these places again.oh did I mention that when I was checking in an employees from telse ended up having here pants to her uniform stolen from the dryer.Geez lock your doors if you stay here.this was just a few days ago on april 28th 2014 .Managment could care less about your problems

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank ricks r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newark, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Internet speed was slow, breakfast is same all the day, location is good for publiuc transport, groceries stores are in walkable distance, a guy from front desk placed my mail in some place and i had to wait for two days get my mail, front desk not managing mails properly

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shivaburugu
Bayside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Clean, friendly, comfortable, quiet. Nice stay, but "Grab&Go" breakfast was so poor that we asked to be directed to a restaurant. One-minute walk to Country Kitchen and we were all happy again. There are 2-3 other restaurants near.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place to stay right off the freeway located near many restaurants. Clean and comfortable. Very family friendly. The kitchenettes are what really had me boom this hotel. I've stayed twice in the last month alone. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ftwolterskid
Oskland, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I would recommend this hotel -- have stayed here several times and only once disappointed because the room was too small. This last stay was the best overall: friendly staff; room was medium sized and clean. Only suggestion: more utensils and a better can opener would help :)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Michelli834
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am wheel-chair bound, so one of the priorities we request of a hotel is to be wheel chair accessible and that the room is equipped with roll-in-shower. We found all that at Extended Stay America-Fremont Newark in Fremont, CA. I cannot say the place is fancy but I can say is very acceptable for the price. It is like a little suite that comes with a full kitchenette, stove and refrigerator included, as well as a small living room with a sofa and TV. All averagely clean, bright and recently remodel, the bathroom was ample and offered all the requirements for disabled persons. That itself made me very happy. The bed was double or queen I am not so sure but I would have appreciated a king sized one. All in all we enjoyed having a place like that, we never heard any disturbances, the staff was very nice especially the manager that was always trying to make our stay comfortable. When we first came we made reservations for 3 or 4 days and we ended up staying for almost 2 weeks. The manager adjusted our rate accordingly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank viamalu
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The room I received had a "x" scratched on the door and was welcomed by bad odor, a toilet that was clogged, no remote for the tv and the room had hair everywhere. Actually left and got a room at the residence inn next door and cancelled the remainder of my stay.

When I checked out, the front desk asked how my stay was for the night and I told him all my complaints that I told the attendant from the night before and he just said, "that's too bad." Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth and made me want to post this warning to anyone who is considering this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jerry L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with accommodations. In response to your feedback, I am going to make sure that the that my staff is on top of our customer service and that our rooms are up to par with our company standards.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sjf@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
#5 of 19 in Fremont
Extended Stay America - Fremont - Fremont Blvd. South
Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley
Comfort Inn and Suites Newark
Extended Stay America - Fremont - Warm Springs

Been to Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark? Share your experiences!