“The worst place to live.”

Fremont Islander Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fremont
Fremont Islander Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I stay at the Islander Motel. It is in the worst condition. You never bring your car there, because the parking lot is a patchwork quilt. The staff doesn't even like to live there.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sstarkey

Reviewed 7 March 2009

This place is just plain dangerous ! There is a VERY SERIOUS ferel cat problem, wild cats
running in and out of the non existent entrance door. The cats are obviously using the hallway and stairwell as a litter box and or jut spraying to marl their territory, I was going to stay there as I had 20 years ago. After asking a person OUTSIDE the place "hw can this place be in business? The reply was that this is where they give homeless as well as "overload" from woman's shelter VOUCHERS to stay for free. This place should pay them to stay. Talk about demeaning, to an already "down on your luck" pat of society. I believe that it poses a serious health risk. I must stick up for the night clerk that was behind a bullet proof window ( says a lot ) He was very polite to me. Even helped me with directions to another motel that was affordable and not . This place has GOT TO
get the cat situation in control and put an entry door in so the cats can't get in to spray
all over the place * IT REALLY DOES SMELL WORSE THAN ANY PUBLIC BATHROOM
I have ever been in ( and not used do to the smell) They need HELP!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Paula I
Reviewed 6 April 2007

This is the worst place ever to stay in. Cat feces everywhere, smells disgusting. Manager and employees are rude. Had people actually come to my door and want to sell me drugs. Employees just stand around and curse. Found dirty needle in room (thank god my kids did not find it) I had to check out ASAP. I would rather have slept in my car or in a card board box than this NASTY NASTY place.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank alexajanea
Fremont, CA
Reviewed 8 December 2003

I live in Fremont, CA and I think that the city chould take care of this place. It needs to be put out of business. The manager is awful, the place is trashy and it attracts all of the worse people. Fremont does not nees this dump.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Highland Park, NJ
Reviewed 3 June 2003

This hotel is in serious need of a new Manager. and the rooms we wont even discuss. The Motel in a whole is a complete disaster. There is also some sort of problem with the "Permanent Guests"... police.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
fremont california
Reviewed 7 May 2003

floors has serious holes in the floor; the room smelled too smokey; bring your own sheets,pillows & blankets bed feels unsafe to sleep on; hallways, stairs, surrounding areas inside was extremely filthy; don't use the showers- unsafe! where cal-osha?.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member