“Food good-service, not so much”
Review of Sakura Chaya

Sakura Chaya
Ranked #37 of 1,182 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I met my friend at this restaurant because ever since she introduced me to their bacon fried rice, I can't get enough of it. I've only ever eaten in the bar and had this dish so my experience is limited. Unfortunately, this time the service was not so good. The bartender couldn't seem to get our order correct (which was not difficult since we just wanted to share one dish). I'd still go back but maybe try sitting in the dining area instead of the bar.

2  Thank Stacy W

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We went on a Monday evening and the place was packed. We were lucky that we had reservations ( 5 people). It was early , 6pm.
The hospitality was great. The server kept coming to our station to make sure that we had everything we wanted.
The fried rice is excellent!
For appetizer we had the sushi roll 9-1-1. Beautiful presentation and fabulous flavor.
We had the filet mignon and shrimp combo dinner. It was a lot off food for one person.
The shrimps weeper excellent. Added some extra Japanese mushrooms, very flavorful.
By the time we got the filet, I thought that it was too much food. The steak was cooked to perfection.
Yes, you have plenty of food here.
The hot spicy chicken was great. Love the sauce of the chicken.would like to order that sauce with the shrimp the next time I visit.
We were very pleased with the attention that the "grill chef" gave to each one of the guest.
Service was great.

2  Thank joselito1959
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had regular dinning,

Waited an hour in the bar, then waited over an hour after we ordered. Food servings were small, sushi was not up to par. Sushi rolls had ginger juice soaked in, ruined it for my wife. Not really worth the $85 for two and getting poor service and even poorer food.

Sum it up, not going back... Fresno has to many good options...

1  Thank snacktimez
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a great dinner with friends, the food was great but the service was a little slow. I had to flag down the waiter two different times for drink refills.

1  Thank Shelleym18
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've been to a few sushi joints in town but this is my favorite. Good portions, decent price and friendly staff. I like sitting at the sushi bar and letting the chefs make me anything they want, based on what I like of course. I highly recommend this place. James is my favorite sushi chef. He rocks!