“Go for Happy Hour”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,120 Restaurants in Fresno
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Fresno, California
“Go for Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is by far my girlfriends' have happy hour place. It is very convenient and has great happy hour prices besides location is great for us to meet. The selection is great. Staff is very attentive. We always have a great time every time we settle in for a happy hour. Of course, our group of friends don't need much to be hilarious

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
California
“A winner in all categories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a marvelous meal that was excellent from start to finish. Service was some of the best I've experienced in Fresno. So rare and so nice to have a flawless dining experience.

Big Creek
“First timer's take”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I read numerous reviews before going for the first time. I'd heard it was pricey, meals served a la carte (which seemed unusual), but an equal in quality to Fleming's, where I have dined once (remarkable experience, I might add). Reviews fluctuated quite a bit so I was still a little uncertain what to expect.

First, I appreciated their Ruth's Classic section on the menu; steak and lobster is what we went for. It included a starter, a side and a dessert - perfect. The price? Well, I'm thrifty so it seemed steep but my man is willing to pay the price for good food and that's why we were there.

Salads were great. The warm bread was de-lish. Then our entree arrived. Portions were fine for me but the lobster portion was a little on the, well, little side. Lobster had good flavor but was not as tender as hoped and neither was the filet. It should have melted in our mouths but my first bite was borderline tough. My guy ordered the sautéed mushrooms (bland) and I had the chipotle fingerling potatoes (flavorful and yummy). We upgraded our dessert to the creme brûlée (terrific). The bottle of wine we had (one of the least pricey @ $40) and the creme brûlée were by far the best features of the meal.

Our service was decent. The waiter very friendly, my water glass went unfilled (a pet peeve of mine). Atmosphere was okay, nothing spectacular. We were at a table, which always seems louder than a booth.

Overall, when I saw the bill, I about choked. But as my guy says, it is what it is, but we probably won't return.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank BCGirl63
“Steak and Service Divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was looking for a special place for my daughter's 18th birthday dinner, so I got online, and made a reservation with Ruth's Chris. I made a note that we were going to be celebrating an 18th birthday and was greeted by the hostesses with, "Happy Birthday, Alyssa." Our table was decorated with birthday confetti, and our waiter, Eric, was extremely attentive and pleasant. Our steaks were delicious, so were our salads, soup, bread and side dishes. We upgraded our desserts and ordered the chocolate temptation along with cheesecake. My daughter's cheesecake came with a candle and a beautifully written chocolate "Happy Birthday" along the edge of her plate. She felt so special, and the evening was a complete hit! Will definitely dine there again in the future!

Clovis, California
“Service should be their middle name!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We took my Mother for her 80th birthday with family for dinner. We had called ahead and made the reservation for 5 and they asked if we were celebrating anything and we stated an 80th birthday. We didn't expect anything other than a great dinner with family but when we arrived for our dinner reservation they had decorated the table and had several special surprises for my mom. Some of you will say well that is what you pay for but you are wrong! They went above and beyond from the table decorations to the decorated dessert plate. Then the best part, they took a picture for us, they arranged us at the table and got us all in and then were nice enough to within minutes give us framed copies. I am no spring chicken and have celebrated my birthday and several birthdays over the years and have never had a restaurant and their staff be so kind and considerate.
This really meant more than they or us would really know because a week later my mom suffered a major life ending stroke. She was in perfect health and we thought we would have her for ever but they needed here in heaven.
This picture and memory means so much to me and my family and it will be the place we celebrate every special event and we highly recommend you do as well!.
The dinner was fantastic too but the service and the caring way in which the staff went about taking care of my mom was fantastic and will be a memory we will carry for a very long time.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno? Share your experiences!