“Perfect meal with great service.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,249 Restaurants in Fresno
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Our child was in a tennis tournament and wanted to go out one night with the team so the wife and I had the night free! We did a 15 mile run in 103 degree heat that afternoon and wanted to treat ourselves to a nice protein-filled dinner. Ruth's Chris fit the bill perfectly. Our server was outstanding and the food was even better than the our last outstanding Ruth's experience in San Francisco.

They had a full compliment of prime bone-in steaks in addition to the regular boneless choices so we ordered a bone-in NY strip and bone-in filet. Both were cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. The sides were as expected and the wine by the glass choices were good.

This is a pricey meal if you do the higher-priced steaks and have alcohol but worth it if you want an outstanding steak.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Took my wife here fora date night and had a wonderful experience. The prices are a bit high but worth it for the top notch steak I had. The restaurant is very elegant and the staff was very friendly. The dress is casual. I ordered the 16oz Ribeye and my wife had the stuffed Chicken breast. Both were fantastic! Will be back again.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The reason that this is hard to rate is for the following reasons. I would give a ten for service. It was absolutely exceptional. I would give a solid 5+ for the ambiance. The food was hard to rate because it was very good, but not compared to the price. Don’t get me wrong we fully enjoyed, but I’ve had as good as and better food at half the price.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Steak was tasty, but the main steak courses come with no sides. A side we ordered and paid extra was very very small. We also ordered soup, and when they asked if we want to split it to two portions and we agreed, they served it in two tiny bowls, with maybe three table spoons worth. Seriously?! With a bill of $150 for two people, I would have expected them to just be more generous with their portions. I also found the service pretty phony.
This is not a clever way to attract people to become regular customers. I will not go back there again. For half the price, I can eat a tastier and more generous meal, elsewhere.

1  Thank Spade121
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We turned up without a booking and got in luckily, superb service, superb wine list although mostly Californian for obvious reasons, superb food, steaks cooked perfectly. Would i go back again. Most definitely and would recommend it to anyone.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!