Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon
Ranked #31 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Positive experience”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Although when I first came in I was not acknowledged with my points or being a Platinum member. I know that is kind of shallow, but I've put my time in with Holiday Inn for a reason. With that being said, that is about the only negative thing I can say with the exception of not really quite getting my room as cool as I'm used to. (I'm from back East).
The pool was nice (hot tub didn' t work) Room was always clean and nice, staff was nice. Bed was comfy and room was spacious. This hotel is located in a very nice part of town SO close to Walmart, shopping malls and great places to eat.
Even though there were tons of baseball kids a few days. I could not tell there were kids in the hotel. Nice and quiet. Enjoyable 3 day stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our family of 5 stayed at this hotel on our way to Yosemite. It was just one night and we'd driven all day. It got the job done, but we won't stay at this property again.

The good: Very clean room. We had a 1 BR "suite." (I've never had a suite without more than one room, I'd call this a normal king room with a kitchenette.) The pool was small but adequate for everyone to cool off. Breakfast was standard for a HI Express. Staff was very courteous and professional.

The bad:
1. The room was small for a "suite." There should have been a wall/door separating the BR and the living area/kitchenette. So I think the room was mislabeled. I've stayed in standard rooms in this chain that were the same size or larger. A "suite" should have 2 rooms.
2. The road noise was terrible, it kept 3 of us up off and on. I've stayed at other hotels in this chain this close to a major highway and not had any road noise, this is a design failure for the hotel and a fatal one. I imagine it's OK on the other side of the hotel, but if your room is facing the highway you better have ear plugs or like the "calming" sound of jake braking semis.
3. Several things just didn't make sense or didn't work. For instance, the climate control was not connected to the window A/C unit... so it was kind of useless. The bathroom had no fan so it never aired out after a shower. There was a kitchenette but no table in the room to sit at, just a couch with a coffee table.

Over all, I would have been fine if I were solo for a business trip. But I expected more from this hotel and left disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a room that isn't facing the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear MClanea,

I would like to thank you your recent feed back regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest.
I apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and hope to have back in your future trips to Fresno/Yosemite area.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

No reservations, but stopped to see if we, 3 adults, could stay. Yes, very good accommodations. Friendly from the front door to the dining to housekeeping to check out to grounds keeper. Well priced, $$$. Rooms were nice and cool. Beds were nice and soft, good sleep. Showers were good, hot water. All areas were very clean and kept. Breakfast was a hot meal, plenty of fruit and good. Pool was good, and in a well lit area. Good secure area also. we would stay here again and very much recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Darmar01,

On behalf of the staff of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest, I will like to thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that we met your expectations and we look forward to have you back soon.
Sonoma, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed in this location on business and pleasure trips many times in the past few years due to it's close on/off the freeway. It has always been a pleasant stay until our recent visit. First we get there at about 8pm to check in and unload our luggage put it on the one cart available and it had a flat tire to go to our 4th floor room and find that there is a line of tour bus travelers waiting to go up in the elevator. One elevator and a 20 minute wait when you're hot and tired and have driven 9 hours. Suggestion if you have a party like that put them on the first floor! Considering there is only one elevator. Oh yes they did have stairs and no. Again hot, tired and pooped out! So after getting into the room which was so hot the sweat was pouring off of us we turned the air on only to find that there was only cold, cold cold or hot hot hot you could not find a happy medium. I called and was told that is the way it worked and there were no other rooms. And it was so loud it sounded like a freight train all night. So when the room became so cold that ice was on our nose we would turn it off and then when it got so hot we could not bare it we would turn on the cold ALL NIGHT LONG! Not like we could open a window to get fresh air. We tried turning it off and the room became stifling. Not much sleep that night. No a happy stay for us and not sure we will return the next time we have to pass thru. I understand that they have these tour buses come through twice a week make sure to book when they are not there and ask for a first floor room. Happy travels!.

Room Tip: Get a room where the air conditioner works!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank scooteraroo
Dear Scooteraroo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feed back regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon property.
I apologize for the inconvenience, we will take your recommendations in consideration in order to improve and reach our goal to provide a memorable experience to all of our guests.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had to make a last minute reservation on a Saturday night as we were driving back early from Yosemite. I called a couple of places and they were booked so ended up going through Expedia rather than wasting time on my phone while driving. We'd been hoping for some place close to the airport for an early morning flight next day but none were available. As it turned out, this was an easy 15 minute drive on a Sunday morning. As we checked in we noticed swarms of young girls in softball uniforms, giggling and running around, being young girls. I joked and commented to my husband, "Just don't let us be next door to them." And, of course, they were our neighbors next door as well as across and down the hall. And yet, the walls are thick and the room fan provided enough white noise that we didn't hear a thing all night.
Room was large enough to easily accommodate my husband, me and our 14 year old grandson. Everything was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was included, the room handled families plus softball players easily and the food was pretty good - cereal, pastries, eggs, biscuit and gravy, pancakes. Nothing extra and maybe more fruit would have been nice but still very adequate.
All in all, we couldn't have asked for much more.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2014

A very comfortable hotel in NW Fresno. Quiet, clean rooms with excellent service. Very high speed internet service...great for streaming movies. Breakfast room and food good value. We have stayed at this hotel many times and will do so in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrackerCat
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel is conveniently located right off the 99 at Herndon Ave. It was clean and well maintained and it was a good value for the rate that I got. Friendly staff greeted me when I arrived and acknowledged my Platinum status with IHG. The room was big, clean and maintained well. Not a fan of the shower head but if thats my only compliant then so be it. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. I travel for business alot and there is a brand new shopping center that just opened as I have a store in it. The restaurants in the area are slim pickings right now, but in about 6mo to 1 year from now many more selections in that center will be available. Enjoy...

Room Tip: My room faced the 99 and it was noisy. Put the fan on high in the room and it will drown out the sou...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business