“Good choice in South Fresno”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is a relatively new property, just off the freeway and next to a strip mall with In-n-Out Burger next door. My room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was a good size and sparkling with granite counter top.

The business center was handy and breakfast was good.

It has all of the basics.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Kaur887, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno South. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to accommodate you again during your future stays in Fresno. Please feel free to contact us directly for any questions or concerns. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have come to Fresno every Sat after Thanksgiving for the past 7 years for CA State Cross Country meet. First two times we stayed in Motel 6's. NEVER AGAIN. We stayed at this Holiday Inn in 2008 and again on 11-25-11. What I like about it is it's easy access to Hwy 99 and Hwy 41. Plus it is clean, quick check in and check out, and the continental breakfast is pretty good. Can't say I am a real fan of the eggs, though! :)

Tripadvisor always wants you to pick what sort of trip this was, and since they have no choice for athletic event and it involves high school sports, I will pick Business.

You generally know what to expect with a Holiday Inn Express, and this one lives up to their standards.

I didn't give it a 5 rating because...well...I reserve that for the REALLY top ones. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with this one and I would recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 222 which is on the corner adjacent to Hwy 99. I would recommend rooms on the opp...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Kaur887, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your honest opinions and positive thoughts about the Holiday Inn Express Fresno South. We are glad that we lived up to your expectations once again. I looked up your profile and added a Quiet Room preference so we can accommodate you with a room away from the freeway next time. Some of us definitely need that silence to have a good night's sleep. We hope to see you again for the 2012 CIF State Meet. Holiday Inn Express Fresno South staff & management would like to wish you & your family a Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 28 October 2011

My stay at this Holiday Inn Express was GREAT!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming into Fresno whether it be for business or pleasure. The hotel's location is awesome, with in walking distance to over a handful of food choices (IN & OUT!!!)
The staff, from the Front Desk to the Maintenance guys to the security guard in the evening, are all GREAT! Everyone's so nice and helpful!! I am definitely staying here for ALL my Fresno trips, especially cause it's only 1.5 hours from Yosemite and Sequoia National Park! This is a great place to stay if you have business and want to mix in a little bit of pleasure!!! I know I took avantage of it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LALEE_11
Kaur887, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno South. We are even more glad to hear that you'll be back. Please let us know if we can ever be of any assistance to you. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any questions or suggestions. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno South. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I had a great first stay at this hotel and it was even better this time around. I would definitely pick this hotel over any other hotel near the Fresno area. It's in a good location that allows easy access to other parts of town and the staff tried hard to fulfill every request of mine.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here for a softball tournament. The only thing i did not like about my stay is as soon as u put some food on the tables we were getting some ants and other rooms were getting it too. The view from our window was freeway or the junkyard. The rooms were clean. The manager and staff were friendly. You have wendy's,inn and out and KFC walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We booked two rooms for this stay, one overlooked Highway 99, the other the pool area. We had issues with the key access to the side door (straight from the side parking lot) and we encountered another guest with the same issues. Although free and supposedly fast, the wifi was very spotty, the customer service was average, the rooms were average.. My bathroom did have some ants, and I overheard the employees saying a room a few doors down from mine also had ants.. I did take my kids to the pool/ spa and it was clean also.. The excercise room was just a treadmill and a stationary bike.. The free breakfast was ok, it was nicely organized and the surrounding areas were clean.. Overall, for how much I paid, it was a little disappointed with it. I know there are a few more HIE around the area, probalby closer to town (ours was in an industrial area, had to drive to the other side of town for dinner & lunch) and if we stay in Fresno again, I will seek a different location.. Hope this helps..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank krbnsmmy57
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We frequently stay at this chain, and so we made reservations at this Fresno Hotel for one night as we were passing through the area. We'd been traveling for a week and were exhausted upon check in. We specifically requested a room that was away from any groups traveling together, such as work-related stays, sports teams, or family gatherings. Unfortunately, we were put across from and next to five rooms of people there for a week of work. Some had their families along. While it was not terribly disturbing, we were constantly aware of doors slamming, running in the halls, and conversations taking place in the hallways. Since it was before 10:00 at night, I felt it would be inappropriate for me to complain. At 10:30, while the noise wasn't disruptive, it was enough to keep us awake, so I opened the door and saw two men conversing in normal voices while one of their children was playing in the hallway. I didn't say a thing, but they seemed quite embarrassed to have been "caught" and went inside one of the rooms. Unfortunately, the rooms were not soundproof, and we were still aware of the interaction between the five men. We chose not to make an issue of it but this morning asked the manager for an adjustment in our rate due to non disclosure, especially since we had requested not to be put in such an area. From the looks of the empty parking lot and the lack of people at breakfast, the other three floors would obviously have had many rooms available. The manager refused, saying since we didn't complain last night, there must have been no problem. Further, in response to my pointing out the fact I'd asked not to be in any such area, he claimed I had requested that very room. I had not. He continued by saying he has no way of knowing who will be noisy and who will not. He refused any adjustment in our rate, and, I believed, was rather sarcastic as he claimed the disruptions couldn't have been that bad. I felt he was demeaning toward me. I will never stay at that hotel again, even though we go through the area frequently.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple