“Not really pleased”
Review of Parkway Inn

Parkway Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Fresno B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed here for two nights on reward points. The staff is nice, but the area is not the best. There is only a McDonalds and a Denny's within walking distance of the hotel and there are other low budget hotels on the street. You would not want to walk to the restaurants because there are hookers on the street in broad daylight and the same people walking up and down the sidewalk in the early evening.

The room had an inadequate AC system and ran full time to just cool the room enough to be tolerable. It was pretty clean and the maids did a good job. Probably the best thing about the hotel is the location right off the expressway with easy access to on and off ramps

I would not recommend this one; especially someone with kids. This one is off my list.

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 April 2013

My wife and I tried a new motel on Hwy. 99 and discovered it is not the best place to stay. When we checked in the front door was locked and the attendent had to open. When we went to our room we found that we did not have any shampoo, coffee, tea, towels, bathmat, refrigerator, microwave, laundry bag, soap, coffee cups, or luggage stand. We were totally surprised at this since it was a Choice Hotel property. I went to the office to get the items needed and had to stand ourside at a little window and ask for the items. The attendent slid shampoo under a security window. The maid brought us the rest except the fridge, microwave, laundry bag, and luggage stand. I would not suggest that anyone with a family would stay somewhere else. It is in a low class area with people working the streets. Not a family place. I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms near the office seem to be the safest. The room had good controls for the heat/air unit.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed a few days for a family event and some business. As I drove up I noticed 3 ladies standing at the corner and trying to wave me down. I asked the lady at the front desk if this place was safe and she said yes. The place has huge lights in the parking lot but the streets are all dark. If you have no car, do not stay here. Restaurant and store about 3 blocks away and streets very dark. The room had just the basics, 1 shampoo and 1 soap. 2 towels 1 mid size towel and 1 small. Bedspread had burn marks in a no smoking room. Overall I would never stay here again..

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Raul M
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We were a big group and stayed there for one night on a way from Napa to LA. There were quite many people drinking outside the rooms and some of the Inn's guests were quite strange. There were some hair on the pillow and a bit of blood on the sheet. We went and change the sheets and the receptionist apologized and told us they had a busy day and maybe they didn't change all the sheets.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Well, even from the outside this hotel looked the pits!!! When we arrived there were blokes hanging around the car park playing really loud music and looking like they were upto no good.
We felt that unsafe in this place that we actually put a chair up against the front door (I have never ever done this before).
It really put a downer on one of our last nights in america im just glad we were there for less than 12 hrs, not sure my car would have had tyres if we had stayed much past 6am.
If you have a choice DO NOT STAY HERE!! keep driving or youll regret it..
Not only that I think the cleanliness of the room is questionable, I didnt dare look too closely to be honest.
I cant actually put into words how horrible thsi place is!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to Los Angeles from Sacramento. We were scared to book the room based on the reviews but we took the chance given the very affordable price. It's not the fanciest motels but for $40 what do you expect? We got a room with two queen beds. It was very basic but clean and large. We arrived around 7pm and left around 9am. So we didn't see anything that was suspicious. The area is ok. There is a zoo right across from the motel. We didn't visit but maybe next time. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank beachbum101_7
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Dirty dirty, dirty! Taxis delivered hookers. Got there late so forced to stay. Very bad neighborhood! Run, don't walk, somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012