“Fantastic Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Newport Beach
“Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I booked two rooms here for myself and my mother-in-law so I was concerned about the stay! We arrived at 9:30 pm and the front desk gal was very nice and checked us in quickly. She even moved my mother-in-law to a different floor per her request.
Great place to stay in Fresno!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

This is a wonderful clean hotel with a very friendly staff and great breakfast. Clearly, I can recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travlerx3
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

I have stayed at this Hotel several last year and this was my first time this year. All I can say is that I can not believe the improvements I have seen in the staff. I was greeted with a smile and it seemed like I was at my home away from home. The room was clean but had I had some issues with the fan in the bathroom as I could not turn it off. The gentleman at the desk was helpful, although the problem was not resolved. The breakfast was good and I loved the attention they give the guest. We stayed 2 nights on our way to San Francisco and I will stay here again. The hotel is new and looks like it is kept up very well. Keep up the good work ! But please fix the fan.

Room Tip: Although the rooms are new, I think the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Chester County, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

This was a nice experience. No frills, but nice. Personnel were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

My husband & I stopped along the way through the area and found the outside structure to be pretty new. It looked a little off the beaten path, per say, which concerned my wife. It was late and we notice a homeless man wandering outside (not a hotel guest). Security was no where to be found. I wouldn't have stayed if my husband weren't with me. Check in was prompt & courteous, elevator was long, breakfast was pretty good, everything looked & tasted fresh. Room layout was strange; the bathroom door & the entrance Door couldn't be opened at the same time. Our room was next to the elevator--which was loud. Other than that it was a decent place. If you are looking for nearby nightlife and shops with a little more security, I would recommend La Quinta Off of the 41 Freeway than this location.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

Took 20 min to get checked in. Finally greeted by young kid who talked too much and tried to get us signed up for rewards or some program. My kids were tired, my girlfriend was upset. WE JUST NEEDED SOME SLEEP. we had been on the Road for 16 hrs straight. There was a hair between the two apples we grabbed at breakfast. The elevator took way too long. We did not get our wake up call. Never Again. Do not stay here. Management should teach front desk to be clear and articulate with their words.

• Stayed March 2011
Copperopolis, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Easy to find. Staff was very friendly and helpful. When I booked the room from their website, I accidentally put check-in date a day later than what I needed. I called the hotel, they fixed it with no problem and check in was a breeze.

Room was on the smaller side, but clean with newer amenities. I had to use the iron and ironing board and there was not a lot of room to move around while the ironing board was in use.

The elevator was kind of creepy -- it was very slow moving and though the hotel isn't very old, the elevator seemed like it was; if you can manage, just take the stairs because it's quicker.

The shower had very good water pressure. There was some noise in the bathroom like a fan was on, even when light switch was off. It was annoying, but you couldn't hear it with the bathroom door closed. Sink and mirror are inside the bathroom, so I had to wait to wash my face and brush my teeth until my stepson got out of the shower

Mattress was VERY comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. Personally, I am not a fan of hotels that don't have quick access outside. Our room was on 3rd floor, down the hall from the elevator. I didn't like that to go to our car, we had to walk down the hall to the scary/slow elevator, exit hotel, then walk all the way to our car that is parked under our room window. Parking in general was not very convenient at this location.

Breakfast was surprisingly good. Prior to booking I didn't notice that they serve a hot breakfast and was pleasantly surprised to see scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffle maker. Coffee wasn't very good and the toaster didn't work, though.

Overall, it was clean, nice mattress, and good water pressure in the shower. I would stay there again if I needed to be in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family