“Liked this Hotel very much”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 17 November 2011

This was our first La Quinta. Chosen for location and being dog friendly. First, they don't charge extra for your dog, and traveling with a well behaved, non-shedding dog we appreciated that their expectations are just that pet owners be responsible for their pets.

Christine Farinelli was on the Front Desk and was so helpful and friendly. She directed us to a great park for walking our dog, signed me in to their rewards program and then happily printed off directions to our next hotel when I could not get the guest printer to work.

Our room was roomy, new and very clean. The location just off the I5 and near a long strip of malls and restaurants. The immediate area adequate for tending to basic dog needs, not good enough for an "exercise walk".

It is near some train tracks, I didn't notice even though I like the sound of trains - my husband noticed them slightly.

This was such a good experience I planned our next day's travel according to where we could stay at another La Quinta.

Room Tip: East side rooms are likely to be the quietest.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tripsterVancouver_Bc
lq6224rimgm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Thank you very much for such a great review. We always go the extra mile to make sure our guest's are taken care of. Pets are always a pleasure too. We are so happy to hear that you will be staying at another La Quinta. Enjoy your travels. We hope to see you stay again.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have stayed at this Hotel at least 5 times in the last 3 yrs. The first time it seemed to me it was new a LQ. I stayed there in the spring of 2011 not much of a change. This last trip Nov. 2011 Iwas shocked at it decline in such short period of time. The toilet bowls had hard water stains,mold in the shower,rust on bathroom door frames and fan in bathroom did not work. Half of lights in room had been unpluged.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jackiebeme_1999

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for your disappointment. I can assure you that the items that you have listed are all in the process of being taken care of. If your travels bring you back to the Fresno area and you choose to stay again you will not be disappointed. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

In my cross-country trip (I'm moving from Sonoma County California to Knoxville, Tennessee) I chose La Quinta as my first choice in hotels wherever I stayed. Several reasons factored into the stay. Since I would be travelling 10 hours a day, I wanted a hotel where I KNEW that the beds would be top quality, the rooms clean, free wi-fi to keep my family and business associates updated and the morning breakfast.

This was my first visit at this particular Fresno property and I was not disappointed.

I had a wonderful night's sleep, the room was very clean, the breakfast wholesome and the staff friendly.

The only negative point was that they don't have room for moving vans to park, so I had to park on the road adjacent to the property. The desk clerk told me they had 24-hour security that frequently patrolled the lots and street out front, so I rested easier.

Thank you La Quinta!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Urbanzenmeister

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our property and its amenities. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comfort is our priority. We do patrol our lots throughout the night. It's great to hear that you felt comfortable and secure while staying with us. If you come back to the Fresno area make sure you stop in and stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

The rooms are beautiful . The staff was very helpful and nice . Very accommodating for my dog and I . I stay in Fresno at least once a month and I've found my new hotel .

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Eeka75

We are so happy to hear your response. Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed here with a friend last weekend for one night. I was so pleased with the service. I had to change my reservation at the last minute and the staff was helpful and accommodating. The grounds and rooms were clean and new looking. The bed was comfy and the room was quiet. Generous breakfast in the morning too. Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 37Tallytraveller11

Thank you for such a wonderful response to your last stay. It's always great to hear when a guest has a great stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Had a wonderful stay in this La Quinta Inn. After a nice and fast check-in we discovered our room, that was really beautiful with stylish furniture. Everything seemed brand new. The bed was heavenly, wished could have taken the pillows and linens home :-) Really appreciated the pool in the hot Fresno temperatures. No complaints about the breakfast in the morning, but it's only until 9 a.m.
Fresno is a good starting point to either Yosemite National Park or Sequoia and King's Canyon National Park.
We had dinner in the Cheesecake Factory, that I also highly recommend, it's not far from the hotel.
This hotel is really luxurious and for a very affordable price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy W
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I usually shy away from lower end hotel chains (not a snob just picky about cleanliness of my surroundings) but I didn't have much of choice in Fresno. This LaQuinta was really nice. VERY clean, lots of nice upgrades. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business