“Great Staff”

Brentwood, California, USA
Reviewed 7 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq6224rimgm, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest

Reviewed 1 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Vern B
lq6224rimgm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

fresno, ca
Reviewed 25 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Vallejo, California, USA
Reviewed 21 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was very impressed with the friendliness and high level of customer service that the staff and the general manager, Christine, provided to me and my family. We were at Fresno after our family trip to Yosemite and I must have made a mistake while making reservation online and booked one of the rooms with one bed. Well, we had 2 adults and 2 kids and just couldn't fit into 1 bed :) After one phone call to the front desk, we were switched to a 2-bed room right away.
The great service didn't stop there. After we checked out of LQ and headed to Camarillo, my wife yelled out in the car that my company iPad was missing. I called the hotel and was transferred to Christine. She informed us that the iPad was turned in by the cleaning staff and was kept in her office. (Big sigh of relief~) Now, since we were already over 100 miles away from the hotel I asked if she could mail it to my house. Christine said no problem and she took it to the FedEx store and overnighted so I could receive it by noon the next day! Wow!!!
I felt so terrible that I have inconvenienced Christine and at the same time couldn't be more impressed at how she felt the sense of urgency on my behalf and responded immediately.
I've been telling my iPad story to my coworkers and relatives since the trip! Thank you, Christine! and thank you, La Quinta! La Quinta rocks!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and thank you for giving us such a great survey. Mailing out your iPad was no problem at all especially since I was already out and about. We look forward to seeing you back at LQ again!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

The Bad:
We recently booked 2 rooms at this hotel, when we were in town for the California state track and field championship. I reserved my room in advance and held the reservation with a credit card.

Upon checking in, I presented a different card and told the guy at the desk that I wanted to use that card instead of the one that I had made the reservation with. He said ok and ran the new card.

As the weekend goes on, I check my bank account and realize that the funds for the entire 3 night stay for both rooms are being held on the card that I presented at check-in AND on the card that I originally made the reservation with, making those funds unavailable for me for the weekend. Believe me, there is not much worse damage you can do to your trip, than to make that trip while you are low on funds. Not to mention, I was also worried about incurring nsf fees at my bank for other outstanding transactions. Fortunately, my bank was more customer oriented and did reverse those nsf fees that did in fact occur.

On the day that I discovered this, I brought it to the attention of the guy who was working at the desk, somebody different than the one who checked us in the previous night. While he was very nice and apologetic, there wasn't much he could do to un-do it.

One the day of check-out, with the funds still being tied up, I brought it to the attention of the lady who was working the desk. She was unbelievably rude and condescending. She kept bringing my attention to the fact that there was a sign on the desk that stated that the funds would be held from account if I paid with a debit card. I understood that very well, as that wasn't the issue. My concern was that they held it on both of my cards.

Finally, I gave up and asked to speak with a manager. The manager wasn't there and she told me that she would have the manager contact me that day. The manager contacted me 3 days later with an apology. Not sure if that phone call was prompted by the negative review that I gave on their own online survey or not. In any event, the phone call basically consisted of, "I'm sorry you experienced that. Hope you'll consider us again for future travel."

The Good:
As far as the hotel itself. I really like La Quinta and I will not let this one bad experience turn me away from booking at another La Quinta. This hotel was clean, and the breakfast was much better than I expected it would be. Scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa available, sausage, make your own waffles and much more were available and the lady who worked in the dining area was the star employee as far as I'm concerned. She always had a smile on her face and kept the area very clean.

I was also pleased with the housekeeping staff. Our room was clean, as was the hotel in general and the ladies that I ran into were all very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PGsMom

We would like to start by thanking you for telling you about your experience. We do apologize that our mistake put a real burden on your trip and we take full responsibility for this mistake. I have discussed the way that your problem was handled with the staff in order to make sure we put ourselves in the shoes of the guest. Overall this was a big mistake on our part. I was extremely pleased to hear that the rest of your stay was pleasant. Thank you again for letting us know how your stay was and thank you for staying with La Quinta.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We noticed that a business near this hotel had bars on the windows, and were worried that the location wasn't in a safe part of town. However, we found that the hotel was fine. The lobby doors are locked, and the desk clerk has to let you in at night, which is fine, and we appreciated knowing that our safety was protected. The room decor seemed to be updated recently, and the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was your average complimentary hotel breakfast, nothing special, but enough to satisfy everyone in our group. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cincykat

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your feelings on our hotel. Guest safety is one of our first priorities. We are equipped with several cameras. We also conduct several property walks that are very sporadic. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.