“Good hotel and a great nights sleep.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Atlanta
“Good hotel and a great nights sleep.”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is probably one of the best La Quinta's I've stayed at. I use to be a frequent stayer at La Quinta and left to join another hotels frequent stayer program because of the inconsistency at La Quinta. If all hotels were like this one, I'd have never left. The property was spotless and the front desk staff were amazing. The room was clean and spacious with all the amenities I needed. The free breakfast was also above average with both hot and cold foods and sugar free syrups for the waffles. As a diabetic, the sugar free syrup is a real plus and allows me to eat something that is generally off limits. Most La Quinta's do not even come close to this one. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
LQGeneralManager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear NonnahsS,

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments about this property. My staff and I work very hard to insure that all of our guest get the most excellent treatment, and great service. With your comments you have reinforced our commitment to excellences. My staff along with my self were very pleased to hear your comments and would like to personally thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is a wonderful Hotel.
I recommend it to anyone staying in Fresno California.
It was very clean, I have no complaints. The beds were beautiful, the elevator worked great, the workout room was much more than I expected. The Breakfast was wonderful, so much to choose from and the breakfast room was beautiful, with a big t.v. so I could watch the news. The front desk staff was delightful, with big smiles and good attitudes, the housekeeping was more than helpful...I just loved it!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment that you had left for the hotel. I shared this with my staff and they would all like to stay thank you for your sweet words. The staff works very hard to insure that all guest leave as happy as possible. Our complimentary breakfast is all for our guest, and we are glad that you loved it so much. We can't wait to see you again!!!!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend.

The property itself is not really near anything other than some strip malls and fast food joints nearby.

The good: The building was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Complementary wireless internet was provided and was reasonably fast. The rooms were adequate and clean, and housekeeping always made the room spotless and even gave us turn down service. Plenty of free parking around the hotel itself.

The not so good: Breakfast only starts at 7:30am and during our weekend was packed full of kids, we were unable to enjoy the breakfast and had to go somewhere else. The one morning we managed to get a table and eat, the hot food quality was not very good at all, I would recommend that you stick with the yogurt and the yogurt only. If you enjoy having a decent hot breakfast, I would write this hotel off completely. The hotel is also located right next to a major train route and the tracks are just across the street. Expect constant train horns and rumbling throughout your stay as the trains run 24 hours. We were woken plenty of times during the night with a train roaring by. Location of this hotel is nowhere near any points of interest in Fresno, but access to highway CA-99 is just down the street.

This hotel was rated as 3-star but I personally would put it at 2.5 The hotel is average at best, it would be worth it if you get a good deal, but if not, there are plenty of other options in Fresno that gives you more quality for your money.

Room Tip: I don't think there's any room in this hotel that can shield you from the noise of the train...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank YVR-Wes
LQGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you so much for all of your comments. It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed the Hotel and the staff, but I know we could have done better in other areas. We have used your comments to change up some of the items on the menu, as well as taking a look at breakfast times and possibly extending it, when we have large Sports groups in the hotel.

We have used your comments to compile a list of things to do in the Fresno area, as well as the best restaurants close to our location. This is helping us tremendously with future stays, and I sincerely thank you for your comments, which is made this possible. We have even come up with a solution for the Train noise, for guests that maybe light sleepers.

It is with comments like yours, that we are able to improve and remain one of the best values in the area. I invite you to come back and try us again and experienced the changes, all because of your comments. Thank you once again.
Redding, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a fantastic La Quinta property! As an Elite member, I see a lot of La Quinta hotels. This one is my favorite! They always have an upgraded room for me, internet is always fast, and the staff is very pleasant. Management should be very proud of their staff here! Most La Quinta hotels do not even come close to this one as far as service, and hospitality. This one is run the way a La Quinta is supposed to be run. Good job guys! You have already seen me pretty frequently, but you can expect to see me every month or so from now on as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the garcious comments. The staff at the La Quinta Fresno Northwest strives to be the best hotel in Fresno !!! Sounds like we are doing our job. We look forward to providing you your home away from home in your future stays. Thanks !!!!
Norwalk, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is not our first time in a La Quinta hotel. The hotel premises is clean but there is a vacant lot right in front of the hotel that is not well maintained. The location is in a semi industrial-shopping area. There are many eateries in a one mile radius of the hotel. The inside of the hotel building is clean but needs some refurbishing because it looks dated and without charm. The room furnishings are also dated especially the cabinet that houses the refrigerator and microwave. There is a flat panel TV, but no high definition channels. The bed sheets looks old even though it's clean and I think a little bleach will make it whiter and crisp looking. Also the bathroom is clean but needs some maintenance because the exhaust vent is noisy. Breakfast is ok, nothing exciting but it's free. Comparing this hotel to other La Quinta hotels this one is a notch or two below.

Room Tip: I think inorder to get the best room you must pay the full price. The rooms that they give when you...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay. The staff and I take them all very seriously. Since your last stay we have used your suggestions and made corrections all because you took the time to tell us about it. We have even added packages to our website, that in my opinion offer better deals for our guests. I invite you to come back and try us again, so you can proudly say we listened !! Thanks again.
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Was a very nice stop-over on a long trip. Rooms were clean and staff friendly. Definitely in an industrial area but felt safe. Would stay here again. Restaurants and fast food not too far away. No problems with internet. Rooms quiet and we were close to trains.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments ! It is refreshing to know that the staff is on top of it and making our guests stay perfect !! We can't wait to see you here at the Hotel again !!