“Great find”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Los Angeles
“Great find”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This La Quinta had many qualities of a high-end lodging. The room decor was great, there was a fitness room as well as a pool and jacuzzi, etc. And the breakfast was outstanding. Service was impeccable. A real find if you need to stay in Fresno. You do hear the trains a little, but the soundproofing is very good and we personally love that sound, so it didn't bother us. It sure beats the roar of the freeway that you'd get from hotels closer to 99.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thank you for your review. Can I hire you to write my marketing material?

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rainier, OR
Reviewed 24 July 2014

While here, we found that the staff were very kind and accepting to us and our dogs. When there was any reason for help, they were right there to help. The location in Fresno was very easy to find. There were many good places to find food either to eat out or order in. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. Even though I manage a La Quinta, I prefer them when I travel because of the pet policy. Never a charge.
Pueblo, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My experience with the La Quinta Hotel & Suites for the most part been good. We've stayed with you for years now. For the exception of a troubled morning in Albuquerque, NM. we have been satisfied with La Quinta Hotel & Suites.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for coming to visit us and taking the time to give us the review. I hope to see you back again soon.
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

One of the best breakfast bars I have had in any La Quinta. Very Friendly and helpful staff. Price is a little high for the area of the city where the hotel is located which is also directly across from the railroad tracks. Rooms and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am glad you found the breakfast satisfying.
Orange Vale, CA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I stayed one night at this LQ. It was a typical LQ experience - a little pricier than a bargain hotel - and a very nice room that was significantly more comfortable than a typical bargain hotel. When we consider the value of the breakfast and what it saves us from spending in a restaurant, it makes the cost extraordinarily competitive. The mattress was a little firm for my taste, but if you like a firm bed, it would have been fine. We did not use the pool or any services. This was a stop on the road - a very pleasant stop. If I'm in the areas again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your kind words. We do try and keep the value in line with the cost. Hope to see you here again.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Needed a place to stay for quick nights sleep on both ends of Yosemite Wilderness backpack week and chose this with savings of about $30-$40 over other options. The desk staff was very nice on both visits and the night guy got me fresh coffee at 5am before I left. However, on my 2nd visit I got Room 323 and if you plan to sleep past 4.30am AVOID this room or any of the 23s I assume. The Laundry storage is next door and the rolling carts are very noisy and WILL wake you up. My other issue is while the rooms are clean there are dirty fingerprint marks all over the bathroom door which shows a lack of attention to details when cleaning. Both of my rooms had dirty doors including the entry door. I also found the TV reception to be poor with a fuzzy picture. The hotel WiFi was painfully slow so best if you have Verizon or AT&T. I did not use the breakfast so cannot comment. One bonus is 'In & Out Burger an easy walk.

Room Tip: avoid rooms x23 (laundry next door) and rooms facing train tracks (blow horn at busy Shaw Ave crossi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank George R
I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced. I will review the issue with the noise at 4:30am. That will be corrected. Our WiFi has been upgraded and we are constantly running maintenance and clean up in the Hotel. That you for bringing these issues to my attention.
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked this through Hotwire for $60 and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was not far from the 99 freeway, yet far enough to be fairly quiet. I got there a bit early, but efficient and friendly front-desk managed to get me a room without too long a wait. I was on the third floor toward the back. The room was very new and clean with a great bed, easy chair and desk. The free internet worked well. I used the gym, which had several treadmills, an elliptical and a universal weight machine. A rather lackluster breakfast was included, which luckily included hard-boiled eggs along with the typical sugar-laden unhealthy fare. I hope Hotwire keeps throwing La Quintas my way in the future.

Room Tip: As far away from the road and railway tracks as possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance breakfast within our budget. We do have scrambled eggs and sausage. I see you did find out about the train tracks. we blaock people as far away as possible.