“Awesome treat”
Review of Fresno Chaffee Zoo

Fresno Chaffee Zoo
Ranked #1 of 57 things to do in Fresno
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The zoo was awesome located on a large piece of property that also had a park for picnicking and a seemingly child amusement park. The animals were all doing their thing but I like being able to walk into different habitats like the bird habitat where they were free to roam.

1  Thank Femi2012
in 15 reviews
"my favorite"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We get a family membership to the zoo almost every year. It's always a nice place to take the kids and have a laid back afternoon. What I love about our zoo is they always seem to have something new or improved happening and you can really see the tax measure dollars at work. Our daughter loves the seal and sea lion exhibit and all of our kids like the manta ray pond. If you plan to take the family more than once, do yourself and the zoo a favor and purchase a membership. It will save you money in the long run and the special events they have throughout the year are a lot of fun.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I went to the Fresno Zoo as a child. Loved it. Couldn't wait to go back, and I have throughout my life.

Sure, the zoo has changed throughout the years, hit a few bumps along the way. But, it's done a great job at coming back and drawing a crowd. Our five kids love it there. I really dig the seal exhibit. Can't get enough of the educational classes.

As a father, I'm grateful this gem has kept up with the times. Thank you Fresno Chaffee Zoo!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

It's such a quiet and clean zoo. We enjoy going every time we stay in Fresno. The surrounding park area is so nice, big, and shady. It also feels very safe and family friendly.

1  Thank Lauren V
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My kids love going to zoo camp. They have been able to do all sorts of crafts and activities. The best part of camp is when they get to go to the zoo and do the "behind the scenes" tours. They get talks about animals, see people clean the cages, feed the animals, and how the animals are cared for and handled.

2  Thank Stephanie C