“Great challenging & affordable course.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Riverside Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Known as "Big Muni," this 18-hole public course is located along the scenic San Joaquin River featuring wide, tree-lined fairways and very small greens.
Los Angeles
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great challenging & affordable course.”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I have played Riverside many times and everytime the course offered a different challenge. Better to book a Tee time in advance as the course can be really busy. They allow 5some, which in my opinion really slows the game. Many players do not use the play as you go rule , but rather wait for each other turn, and I did not see the marshall telling them to sped up.
They should have a refreshment cart on the course, especially in the summer when its 100F+! Bunkers are hard!

Visited January 2012

Fresno
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great course is Great at Last”
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Riverside has been in poor shaope for a number of years, that is, until now. Last year the course was half closed for most of the summer, I just played it after the renovation and revamp and must say I am very impressed.

They have a lake in between holes 4/5/17, this is apparently the reservior for teh all new irrigation system. The course is now GREEN! there is grass where I have never seen it before.

The fairways and rough are lush and green, this has always had a gereat layout but poor condition, now both are tip top. If you haven't played here in a few years, I would certainly reconsider it.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Not what we expected...”
Reviewed 16 February 2004

We just played Riverside based on the articles and links we found at this site. I wish I could say they were justified. The course is challenging and the back nine has the potential to be beautiful. BUT the course was in absolutely awful shape! The only green areas on the whole course were the greens and the rough! The fairways were totally brown and dried out. Awful. Of course the bonus is that you got a lot of roll out of your ball- if you played it that way. The course was fairly busy with a lot of walkers. That was fine with us as we also walk and the pace was good. However there were a lot of golfers that had little or no golf etiquette playing the course. We never saw a marshall. When making the tee times we thought that the fees were reasonable but after seeing the condition of the course they ought to be ashamed of themselves charging the same for winter play as for spring or summer. A local we played with told us that they don't water the fairways at all in the winter. All this would have been acceptable if when we made the tee times the pro shop made sure we knew they were in winter conditions and exactly what those conditions were. We would rather have played elsewhere as apparently Fresno has quite a few nice courses.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member