“good rooms, breakfast lacking”

TownePlace Suites Fresno
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
california
“good rooms, breakfast lacking”
Reviewed 17 July 2006

in the past 6 months, we have stayed in nearly all the suite hotels in the north fresno hospitals area. we settled on the TownePlace Suites because the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff has always been helpful and the housekeeping has been fine (no problems like reported in previous reviews). the rooms are nicer than similarly priced suite hotels (comfort suites, country inn, extended stay america. with the exception of the Hampton Inn, but that is pricier). only downside is the breakfast has only granola bars & such, not like the hot food, waffles, cereal, etc. at all other places.

Stayed July 2006
6 Thank housemonkey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2005

Stayed for 3 nights, had a great room layout, fitness room was accessible, security guard and access to buildings was an A+. For some reason, most of the guests had pets, kind of got me thinking. Continental breakfast that was advertised was a dissapointment. Staff seemed too busy on computers, but once you got their attention they were courteous. I've been to many Marriott's, and this one was average.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2005

My mom came to California for a visit and we traveled to Fresno to stay two nights for a Anne Graham Lotz revival. It was very busy, but after a not too long wait, we were checked in just fine. Staff was friendly.
I looked online and then called the hotel to make a reservation after asking some questions about the accommodations. At check-in, we asked for a 2 bedroom suite that was quiet, so they gave us a corner which I loved. These are really suites - 2 separate bedrooms, a living room/small dining table, full kitchen, and one bathroom with a separate door for the toilet/tub-shower combination. That is always a nice feature having the sink separate. At check-in, we noticed the bathroom smelled musty. The hotel staff sent up staff to replace the shower curtain right way. Of course, then we smelled the new plastic, but hey, it took away the musty smell. At least the staff was pleasant and fast. One of the bedrooms was really large. I am usually the Princess and The Pea sleeper, so beds are rarely comfortable for me. But this bed wasn't bad. The weather in Fresno was quite wonderful that weekend so I kept the windows open (day and night) and got a great breeze like I do at home. I wasn't feeling well and we came back to take a nap - it was really pleasant and quiet even with the windows open. The location of the hotel is great, although just a tad hard to find - tucked in back of a pancake house, I think. But even though my corner room was close to the restaurant, I never heard noises. The location is not to far away from shopping and restaurants. The one complaint I have was the smoke stink in the room. I went out and bought a fabric spray to help us breathe. We sprayed down everthing - curtains, furntiure, walls. I have stayed in lots of rooms in my past and occasionally have this problem. But this room was the worst. I didn't feel like asking for another room since the place was so busy and I did like the corner room. Overall, I really like this suite hotel.

Stayed April 2005
9 Thank YOSEgal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 December 2003

Stayed for 3 nights, and overall impression is just okay, not great, not horrible.

The bathroom was never cleaned during our stay, just fresh towels. They did run the dishwasher for us every day, but we could have probably handled that ourselves.

We had requested a quiet room, which they obviously ignored, as they put us next to the elevator at the top of the stairs. Plus it was in a handicapped room, which is very inconvenient for a non-handicapped person. When we asked for another room, they didn't do anything to try and accommodate us.

It is a newer (within 5 years) property, so you may be able to overlook the flaws if that's important to you.

Overall, was just okay, but we're going to try the Residence Inn next time.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Crescent City, California
Reviewed 16 October 2002

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. They were rude to beging with. They gave me the wrong info to stay at medical rates. Then when I gave them the wrong info they that was supposedly right, they told me it was wrong and they were charging full price. When I tried to talk
to the front desk girl, she blew me off, said it wasn't worth her time and left the room. They also have check in at #pm. We got there at 3:15 pm. Our room was not ready until 5:05 pm. They just handed us our cards and walked off. The housekeeping was NEVER around, we had to call to get that done. While we were waiting, There was another couple there who had called the police because one of the maids had stolen money from there room- DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Thank jtbrnz