“best motel 6 ever”

Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Los Angeles
“best motel 6 ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was coming into town to visit relatives and decided to stop at this motel 6 based on its pictures, but the service was just as great. Joseph was very helpful, kind, and considerate. He helped me and my grandmother with our luggage and made sure everything was ok with the room before he left us.

Room Tip: The 2 queen beds was a great room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BrookeT05
Sheila G, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful things you had to say about our motel. I very much appreciate your positive feedback.

I will share your comments with Joseph and the staff. I am sure it will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff.

Again thank you and sharing your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked a room here via Expedia -- price was $70.17 w /taxes & fees. When I arrived at the hotel, the hotel attendant charged me the hotels rate $46.78 w/taxes & fees, because he didn't know how to properly accept my reservation from Expedia. Lesson learned: avoid Expedia and contact the hotel for the lower rate. The hotel manager informed me that Expedia buys rooms in bulk and sets the prices on their end. Nice little mark-up.

The room itself was typical Motel 6. Somewhat clean, but not stocked with the shower towels or kleenex. Relative to the other options in the valley, I would say that the price is OK if you get it for ~$46 -- definitely not worth $70.

Room Tip: Do not purchase via Expedia. Contact the hotel directly by phone for best rate.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments. Please, if you are in our area again please feel free to contact us and make your reservation. Come and stay with us we would love to have you.

Travellers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have previously reviewed this hotel and ALWAYS thought highly of it. It's usually an incredible price, clean, with friendly staff.

However, that was NOT the case this past weekend (07/20/13-07/21/13). It took over 30 minutes to check-in, so we couldn't attend a scheduled show.

Our room didn't have towels. We had to walk down to the office 3 times, before someone was able to give us clean towels.

The bathroom in our room hadn't been cleaned. I first noticed hair and a dead fly on the floor when I was using the restroom. That evening when I went to take a shower, there were 4 hairs in the shower when I went to turn the faucet on.

I told the front desk lady about these issues at check-out. She just shrugged. Unfortunately, it was the same lady that took over 30 minutes to check us in.

We usually love this hotel and choose it over others in the area. However, we are seriously considering finding a new place to stay. It makes us sad. This WAS such a great place!!

Room Tip: Cheapest rates are usually found at Motel6.com!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measure to address these problems.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Southwest MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 because we couldn't get a room on Priceline. I think we might have gotten the last room, so maybe there was something going on in Fresno that we didn't know about.

There were a few negatives:

- Not enough towels. This room had two beds and could sleep four people, but there were only two bath towels, one hand towel, and although there were two washcloths, one of them was on the counter and looked like it may have been previously used.
- The shower temperature was inconsistent, and had an odd water spray pattern (sorry, I don't remember why it seemed odd, but it was noticeable enough to include in my notes).
- The toilet tank had a slow leak and thus would periodically refill even though it hadn't been flushed.
- There was a stain on the sink wall that looked like someone had wiped their nose on it.
- The floor was not vacuumed well; there were obvious threads and lint.

Like all Motel 6s:

- The bath towels were small and thin.
- No shampoo was provided.
- No notepad was provided.

On the plus side:

- A king bed or two queen beds was better than most Motel 6s that I've stayed in.
- Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room was a nice surprise.
- There was a nice small desk space and chair.

Overall, it was clean enough and OK for what we needed. We would stay there again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JTRare
As we strive to provide superior service experience to every customer, your feedback is very important to us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will use your remarks to address problems and prevent future occurrences. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Siletz, oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Came for niece's college graduation. Room was large, clean, and did not have a funky smell like the last Motel 6 we stayed in. The front desk clerks (Carla at check-in and Gladys in the a.m.) were great. Very guest oriented. Called the room after check in and asked how everything was. The room had a king bed, microwave, fridge, good size tv, shower/tub combo, in room safe. I loved this room. I loved the staff. I loved the price. The location was perfect. While right next to the highway, the setup of the property allows for complete blockage of traffic noise. Only thing I would change is upgrading the mattress. It was firm and comfortable, but sloped down on both sides. Doesn't matter. We would stay here again. Also - M6 is always pet friendly and our pet is part of the family, so it is nice to know she is welcome here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HowesLanding
Providing a pleasant stay is our goal. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff, strive to provide great service to all of our guests. And our clean team staff strive to provide a clean comfortable room with no funny smells :-). Please if you find yourself traveling through our area again, we would love to have you come and stay with us.
San Jacinto, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

A very nice and clean room and overall environment..The price was very easy on the pocket.I also like the experience that Krystal has to offer she had all the answers to my questions I had about eatery's and attractions.I am going to make this location a regular stop..The room has everything you need to be comfortable. Thanks again for such a great service,
Dave P.

Room Tip: Let Krystal help with this ...You can't go wrong
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cheryl P
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank You Mariollo, We are glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We hope that you we'll continue to think of us when you need lodging in our area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This motel is in a great location, there is lots of stores and good restaurants nearby. It is clean, cozy and quite, so it is a good place to rest. Also Krystal from the front desk, is very nice and professional, she allways has a smile and willing to help... I have a company truck and nothing has ever been missing and it does look like a safe area. So if you come here you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2013