Motel 6 Fresno
HIExpress.com
US$124
US$90
Official Hotel
Ramada Fresno Northwest(Fresno)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$73
US$184
US$176
US$121
US$112
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Upon checking in, they told me I would be getting a room facing the freeway. I wasn't too happy about that but okay. Right when we entered, we noticed that room wasn't even prepared! The bedsheets were messy as if someone had just waken up and the room look occupied. We were scared someone might've still been in there so we immediately left and went back to the front desk. The attendant apologized and then reassigned us to a much better, bigger room that was not facing the freeway. We wanted to take a dip in the pool but it was always occupied by a lot of people and there were these people that stayed in the rooms facing the pool that would always be hanging out in front their room doors looking at the people swim which was very scary and creepy. They looked as if they were permanent tenants of the hotel. So you'd think that this was the last of our problems right? No! Later that night, someone came a knockin on the door and would not go away after I ignored it for a good minute hoping they would go away because I did not know this guy and it was obviously not a Motel 6 worker. So I hooked up the door lock chain and opened the door to see what this dude wanted. He asked if "blah blah blah" was there in the room and I told him no, he must have the wrong room. Overall, a bad experience.

Room Tip: Request for a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fresno_Guy
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The front desk service was fine as far as politeness and efficiency. The sidewalks had trash in many places and the exterior garbage cans were not emptied or the loose trash picked up during my three days there. The towels smelled like mold even thought they were "clean". The pillows were flat and useless. The carpet was filthy. I was on the first floor and you can hear every step, shout, jump, and thud from your neighbors above. I couldn't sleep for the first night because of the noise. In all, not a good experience. If you are on a budget, this is still not the best choice.

Room Tip: If you need to consider finances versus room quality, still look somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sheila G, Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us.We began to work on maintenance and housekeeping issues you raised. You will definitely see a big difference in appearance, cleanliness and other issues you raised because without your feedbacks, we do not deserve your future patronage.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I was a bit concerned as reviews were bad then all off a sudden tons is good ones even mentioning staff names. Seemed fake. $54 with no charge upgrade to lower king room w/ fridge microwave. Shower needs a good cleaning drapery rod broken in middle so curtains sagged. No extra charge for dog which was nice. Other hotel wanted $100 deposit. Duct tape on floor between carpet and bathroom floor tile was really ghetto. Quiet location easy to get too great location food and gas nearby. All in all I'd stay again as all I need was a bed for the night while driving to socal.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Orrip72
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was most definitely not worth the $70 I spent for the night. Granted, I did not expect 5-star accommodations but there were a number of blatant issues: 1) the shared headboard was detached from the wall and part of it was hanging down, 2) both sets of lights above the beds did not work, 3) there were large bulges/bumps which could be felt underneath the carpet, and 4) the bed pillows were very small, almost like they were meant to be throw-pillows.
I chose this motel based on posted pictures and reviews but I found that the photos are not accurate representations of the rooms, at least not the one we were assigned. I did not report these issues to the staff since we were only staying one night and were leaving early in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a trip to Yosemite and Kings Canyon.

-ve
Our room needed serious maintenance - AC temp knob was missing, door hinge was loose making it difficult to open/close the door, shower head pores were clogged leading to a very poor shower experience, the bedsheet had many stains and both bedside lamps were unplugged. Worse of all the CO alarm battery went bad at around 2AM and the alarm started squeaking erratically, we had to get a replacement battery to quieten it.

Room condition was below avg - stained carpets, stained sink, a tiny bathroom, curved screen TV and a bed where one person turning slightly would cause the entire bed to shake.

The motel has a pool but its small, just for kids to play, not for swimming.

+ve
Front desk folks were prompt and courteous. Our request for a quiet room was honored. Front desk person was promptly able to get a 9V battery to quiet the CO alarm at 3AM.
Wifi was secure and worked ok.
McDonald, Subway and a few other eating places are very close by.

Overall it beats me how this place gets 4stars on TripAdvisor. If you have to stay in the area try the next door Ramada. For ~$20 more you get a better room with a decent bed, a bigger bath, larger flat screen TV, included breakfast and free popcorn all day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple