“Fresh, delicious, authentic Armenian food”

AJ's Armenian Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 1,120 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Eastern European, Armenian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Elsinore, California
“Fresh, delicious, authentic Armenian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

A brief stopover in Fresno resulted in a stop at AJs Armenian Restaurant on 5048 N. Maroa Avenue in Fresno, CA. Ok, there's readily available parking and handicapped parking directly in front of the door to this wonderful restaurant. We were treated like family. The lamb was delicious; the stuffed grape leaves tasty; the bulgar was really very good. We availed ourselves of a appetizer plate and I can't say enough about the tabouli salad.

I've put the place in my cell phone. Although my visits to Fresno are infrequent, I know I'll be back.

• Visited May 2014

Alexandria
“Yum, yum, yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I went here on a recommendation from a friend that lives in the area. While I'd had Armenian food before from neighbors, I'd never been to an Armenian restaurant. From the moment I walked through the door, I knew the food would be good. The smells were amazing! The wait staff seated us right away. They were very attentive. The cucumber salad was great and the chicken kebabs were quite tender. You could tell that AJ's was a local favorite -- everyone seemed to know each other. Very much a repeater the next time I'm in town.

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles
“Excellent Armenian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have eaten in many Armenian/ME places in LA and Fresno, and AJs stands out . The owner is in the kitchen, the servings are well sized. I had a lamb kebab, well cooked, the meat was juicy and flavored. Perhaps the house wine selection could be improved. Prices are very fair. This place is busy, many repeat customers. Friendly servers too.

• Visited December 2013
North Houston, Texas
“The Best Armenian Food in Fresno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I LOVE this restaurant. It is my only saving grace when I have to go to Fresno....I know I will eat here. Lamb kabobs are the best...stuffed grape leaves are good too. Take your own wine...cheap corkage fee.

Visited December 2013
Fresno, Ca
“Famous people hang out here....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Jerry Tarkanian (Former College Basketball Coach mentioned in Chuck Negron's book: Three Dog Nightmare) can be spotted here from time to time. Sandwiches are great! Go on Thursdays, when they have Dolma.

Visited October 2013

Been to AJ's Armenian Cuisine? Share your experiences!