“Very good authentic Armenian food”

AJ's Armenian Cuisine
Ranked #43 of 1,146 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Armenian
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here many times. It is consistently very good. I am Armenian and can tell you the flavors are authentic. Lamb shish kebab, pilaf and more with daily specials. Get there early if you want the special. Their little salad that they serve with the meal is outstanding and worth a mention, as is the adjika appetizer. They have grilled chicken, beef, and lamb riblets, all are very good. AJs continues to be one of our favorites.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A brief stopover in Fresno resulted in a stop at AJs Armenian Restaurant on 5048 N. Maroa Avenue in Fresno, CA. Ok, there's readily available parking and handicapped parking directly in front of the door to this wonderful restaurant. We were treated like family. The lamb was delicious; the stuffed grape leaves tasty; the bulgar was really very good. We availed ourselves of a appetizer plate and I can't say enough about the tabouli salad.

I've put the place in my cell phone. Although my visits to Fresno are infrequent, I know I'll be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went here on a recommendation from a friend that lives in the area. While I'd had Armenian food before from neighbors, I'd never been to an Armenian restaurant. From the moment I walked through the door, I knew the food would be good. The smells were amazing! The wait staff seated us right away. They were very attentive. The cucumber salad was great and the chicken kebabs were quite tender. You could tell that AJ's was a local favorite -- everyone seemed to know each other. Very much a repeater the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have eaten in many Armenian/ME places in LA and Fresno, and AJs stands out . The owner is in the kitchen, the servings are well sized. I had a lamb kebab, well cooked, the meat was juicy and flavored. Perhaps the house wine selection could be improved. Prices are very fair. This place is busy, many repeat customers. Friendly servers too.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I LOVE this restaurant. It is my only saving grace when I have to go to Fresno....I know I will eat here. Lamb kabobs are the best...stuffed grape leaves are good too. Take your own wine...cheap corkage fee.